New Update: The Stuff of Nightmares!
Greetings and salutations fellow champions of science! We’re pleased to announce that the latest version of Don’t Starve is now available to download! If you’re looking for a place to discuss these new improvements, we have just such a thing! Head over to our post in the Don’t Starve forum.
Introducing Steam Workshop!
We’ve been nothing but amazed by the player creations that have popped up since we introduced modding to Don’t Starve. Now it’s easier than ever to create and install mods for Don’t Starve to change your game and share with the community.
What does that mean? Well, a lot of things. Add in custom characters, play with the world generation, create new creatures and items, or take your adventure in a whole new direction! Using our handy-dandy Mod Upload Machine you can put your mods directly onto Steam Workshop for everyone to download and enjoy.
We’ve created a Workshop page on the official Don’t Starve page that will help you get started modding!
Latest Update Trailer
If you missed our latest moving picture show, that is rather unpleasant to hear and we wish to rectify this post-hast! Our latest update trailer, which includes new cinematic animations for your viewing pleasure, may be viewed by clicking on the mysterious image below to be whisked away to our YouTube post.
We’ve fabricated a rather haunting poster for you to observe. And in our usual fashion, you may preview a teensie-weensie sample version just to the left of this very text. However… If you click on it, it will grow to a creepy-crawly monstrous size using the powers of the internet!
Major Update Notes:
- Steam Workshop support has been added! You can install mods directly from Steam, and enable and disable them in-game.
- Translations can now be distributed as mods. See sample mod here.
- Many modding API additions including access to world gen, brains, cookpot recipes and more! There is a full list of these changes, as well as other mod-specific changes, over in the modding forum.
- New Level: The Ruins!
- The abandoned ruins of a once great civilization is now in the second level of the Caves.
- Discover the cause of their demise while you explore five new areas within the ruins.
- You will come across ancient clockwork monsters in the ruins.
- The terrifying Ancient Guardian lurks within the labyrinth.
- Beware of ambush! The Dangling Depth Dweller spider has been added.
New crafting tab: Ancients!
- Slurper Pelt
- Green Gems
- Broken Clockworks
- Nightmare Lights
- Ancient Pseudoscience Station
- Ornate Chests
- Thulecite Walls
- Wilds Pond
- The Pick/Axe: Dual functionality!
- Magiluminesense: Light the way while keeping your hands and head free for activities!
- The Lazy Explorer: Don’t like walking? This staff is for you!
- Construction Amulet: See all the inefficiencies in your crafting.
- Thulecite Medallion: Track the ebb and flow of ambient magic levels.
- Belt of Hunger: Keep all that important food inside you!
- Thulecite Suit: Protection from things hitting you.
- Thulecite Club: Hit things!
New Game Screen:
- Keep track of your deaths in the new Morgue Screen.
If you’re looking for general update discussion or information on changes surrounding the always incredible community mods, head over to our main thread.
What’s in the soundtrack you ask?
Original instrumental music composed and arranged by Vince de Vera and Jason Garner, this soundtrack DLC has 11 tracks presented in magnificent high-quality FLAC and MP3 formats. Fun Fact: You’ll get new tracks as they are released in the game!