Narrated tour highlights design features, first-ever reveal of character designs, free digital extras and more
Digital Media Workshop today released a video preview of their upcoming point-and-click sci-fi adventure, Prominence, to celebrate its newly launched Steam Greenlight page.
The 7-minute narrated preview video is packed with new in-game footage and for the very first time reveals art for several of the game characters. Digital Media Workshop also opens a window on the development process, discussing how key design and feature decisions for Prominence were inspired by some of the most beloved point-and-click adventure classics, and demonstrates new features that are less conventional to the genre, including options that players will have to customize their game experience, and the unlocking of character skills as the story develops.
”In making this video, we wanted to show more of what Prominence has to offer, taking care to steer away from spoilers as much as possible since it’s a traditional adventure game,” said Kevin McGrath, lead programmer on the project. “We decided to go with a guided tour that demonstrates some of the game’s key features, such as the control scheme and UI, and the puzzle types that players can expect to encounter in Prominence.”
The video also gives players a sneak peek at some of the digital extras that will come with every copy of the game for free, an evolving list of which can be found on the newly launched Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194325369.
Digital Media Workshop expects to release Prominence in early 2014 for Windows PCs (XP/Vista/7/8). The game will be available in English and several localized versions (including French, Italian, German, and Spanish subtitles).
- Steam Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194325369
- Official website: http://www.prominencegame.com
After living for generations as persecuted refugees, the Letarri people set their sights on a far-off planet as a promising new home. But when the interstellar mission to colonize the new world goes terribly awry, the fate of their people falls into the hands of a lone adventurer. Now it’s up to you to unravel the mystery of what happened. Can you save them and their mission, or is it already too late?
Key features include:
- Solve a dynamic mix of challenging, yet logical, puzzles that tie directly into the story.
- Acquire and use additional skills and abilities as you progress through the adventure.
- Discover clues and reconstruct the events of the mission through emails, audio recordings, environmental clues, and a damaged central computer in need of repairs.
- Become immersed in the world through fully rendered HD environments with animated movement and effects.
- Hack computer subsystems via a text-based interface.
- Access holographic data archives to explore a wealth of back-story, environmental details, mission information, crew member records, and more.
- Experience an original soundtrack with over 40 minutes of music.
For more information, please visit http://www.prominencegame.com or find us on Twitter and Facebook.