Kiro’o Games Studio in Cameroon, Together with Plug in Digital, Launch Kickstarter campaign for AURION: LEGACY OF THE KORI-ODAN an African Fantasy-Action-RPG for the PC
Plug In Digital Label and Kiro’o Games, the first game studio in Central Africa, today announced the launch of a Kickstarter campaign for Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan, a 2D Fantasy-Action-RPG for the PC that pays homage to the culture and legacy of Africa and innovates in the RPG genre.
Aurion features hand-drawn and animated African-style graphics and a deep storyline that unfolds over more than 20 hours of action-packed gameplay that is filled with combat and combos. The dynamic gameplay is partially inspired by the old school Tales Of series, and focuses on 2D real-time combat sequences with narration and environments both drawing deeply from African culture, myths and lore.
The funds being raised through Kickstarter will go to final development of the game including updates to the Interface, beautiful new hand-drawn characters and animation, and possibly toward new hires and support for additional platforms.
The story of Aurion begins with a young prince named Enzo on the eve of his coronation and wedding day. He is thrust into trouble as he finds himself tied up in a coup and then exiled with his new wife, Erine. Working together and using their Aurionic powers — mystical and mysterious energy not unlike the “Force” from Star Wars — they combat their enemies in an attempt to win back the throne.
“We are twenty young Cameroonians working on Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan, one of the few, if not the only, game developer in Cameroon,” said Olivier Madiba, founder of Kiro’o Games Studio. “We want to show the world our professionalism and stand as models of inspiration for our young brothers and sisters not just in Africa, but around the world.”
- Aurion’s gameplay combines African legends and lore with fast-paced real-time combat.
- Gather your legacy, unlock devastating strikes with combos, and mix Aurions to create new combos.
- Confront enemies as Enzo, with Erine’s assistance, and make the best out of the couple in combat.
- Powerful duels with fascinating and immersive dialogues
- Join a spiritual quest that takes our heroes to journey across a wonderful world of African fantasy
- 2011: Started to work on Aurion
- 2013: Named the company Kiro’o Games (Swahili for “Spiritual Vision”)
- 2015: Signed with French publisher Plug In Digital
- September 15, 2015: launch of the Kickstarter campaign
- October 20, 2015: End of the Kickstarter campaign
- Q2 2016: Anticipated Launch of Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan. The launch date and platforms will be contingent on the success of the campaign
- Aurion Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/plugindigitallabel/1476394116?token=b4afb97b
- Aurion on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AurionheritageDesKoriodan/timeline
- Aurion on Twitter: www.twitter.com/KIROOGames
- Plug in Digital Website: www.plug-in-digital.com
- Kiri’o Games Website: http://kiroogames.com