What happens if you try to fit 16 players on one couch? Well for developer Varkian Empire it meant “we need a more fitting name”. After its very first appearance at GDC 2014 “Space Dust Racers” did not seem like a fitting name anymore, the game evolved, grew bigger, got faster and more intense. The search for a new name began and after a lot of pizza, meetings, karaoke and drinks finally one new, more fitting name was yelled out – “Obliteracers”.
“Obliteracers is much more on point for the combat-oriented gameplay that the team is going for”, says Michael Davies (Director Varkian Empire).
Intergalactic party racing mayhem! Obliteracers is an award-winning same-screen party racer for up to 16 players. Race brutal-cute aliens on exotic planets, using weapon powerups and physics-based vehicles to annihilate your competition in different game modes. Connect spare gamepads, laptops and smart devices as extra controllers. Stragglers will be eliminated… only one alien shall prevail!
- Addictive combat racing for all ages featuring brutal-cute aliens, exotic locations and absurd weapon powerups
- Squeeze 16 local players onto the same screen using gamepads, laptops and smart devices as extra controllers (PC only)
- Battle friends and family on the couch, compete against others online, or play solo in career mode
- Highly-customisable party game modes with dozens of gameplay modifiers and presets for endless variety
- Simple controls for newcomers, with advanced strategies for veteran players
- Drop-in drop-out multiplayer for parties
“Studio of the Year” Deck13 Interactive (German Developer Awards, GameStars) heads into the publishing business with the label “Deck13 Games”. The German company, known for a host of titles including Action RPG “Lords of the Fallen” (Germany’s Game of the Year 2014) and upcoming AAA Production “The Surge”, has set up a separate unit to publish and market productions from partner companies.