The Surprise-Packed Cinematic Quest Takes Players on a Thrilling Multi-stage Journey to Save the Tenno
Independent developer and publisher, Digital Extremes, launches today its biggest, most comprehensive update of 2016 – The War Within – for the PC version of its Free-to-Play action hit Warframe®. The War Within update contains the highly-anticipated cinematic quest continuing last December’s The Second Dream – the game’s most played update to date – and drives players to embark on a chilling journey featuring multiple new missions, planets, and stunning story-driven cinematics.
Amid all chaos, a mysterious enemy has emerged bent on the destruction of all Tenno. What secrets does the Grineer Empire keep? Underpowered, unprepared and forced out of their comfort, players must find it in themselves to improvise, not just to save themselves but the fate of all Tenno. The Grineer Queens’ Fortress awaits, where both Warframe and Operator will be pushed past their limits as they slowly unravel mysteries about the Tenno’s past and their true capabilities.
Feature additions include new Gameplay, Enemies, Weapons, Customizations, a new Mission Type, dozens of story secrets, and more:
- LORE-DRIVEN CINEMATIC QUEST: Uncover the secrets of an empire. The Queen’s fortress hosts a maze of caves and Grineer technology, but much more ornate than previously seen from the Grineer. Be careful! The Fortress is heavily guarded with new and dangerous foes. Bypass their heavy defenses and enter the Queens’ Chamber to uncover their hidden secrets.
- NEW ENEMIES: A new breed of Grineer comes to light. Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queens’ army. Beware: mischievous Jester-like creatures that are quick to attack and are quite deadly often accompany them.
- NEW WEAPONS: Dominate new enemies with these powerful new Weapons:
– Twin Rogga – Dual pistols capable of assassinating targets from a distance as well as in combat.
– Zarr – Akin to a sci-fi musket, this heavy-hitting weapon that packs enough power to kill multiple enemies or even larger enemies at point-blank range with a single shot.
– Kesheg – A shimmering, ornate melee staff that is extremely dangerous up close.
- NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS: Give your Warframes, Landing Crafts and Companions a new look with a new Syandana, Sugatra, Armor and Skins.
- NEW MISSION TYPE: In the new mission type ‘Assault,’ players engage in a multi-stage stealth and action mission where they breach an enemy base in an asteroid field to prevent an attack.
For supporting assets, including video and screenshots of Warframe’s The War
Within update, please visit digitalextremesltd.box.com
Warframe boasts an active community of more than 26 million registered players. The free download of The War Within will be available to PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players in the following weeks.
Please visit the official Warframe website at www.warframe.com to join the community and download the game. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Please visit the official Warframe website at www.warframe.com to join the Community and download the game. To keep up with the latest updates from the development team, be sure to follow Warframe on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.