Pixowl today announced the availability of The Sandbox Evolution, the sequel to the award-winning 2D pixel-art world builder game The Sandbox. The Sandbox Evolution empowers players to craft worlds or destroy universes and also lets players create their very own games. The series of The Sandbox games have been downloaded across all platforms: PC & Mobile (iOS and Android) over 25M times, received over 1.5 million MAUs and a gallery rich of 1.7 million user-created and shared worlds.
Featuring a modern pixel art graphic style, The Sandbox Evolution gives players even more freedom and creativity, through improved physics and side-scrolling worlds 10x bigger than its predecessor. Players pick from a variety of characters and heroes to build worlds and choose from more than 200 elements and design with various entities, game-making blocks, platforms, enemies, portals and characters, pixel art drawing colors, and more. Once a new world has been created, players can share them in the online gallery or create a retro-style platformer level with a brand new, easy-to-use game maker.
“We have built a bigger, better and more advanced version of The Sandbox! The Sandbox Evolution truly is an evolution of our original vision as it enhances players abilities to further empower their “makers” within – and create, share, and play. ” said Arthur Madrid, CEO of Pixowl. “Our vision with The Sandbox Evolution is to become a leading mobile gaming creative platform where #Players are the #Makers, sharing pixel worlds, pixel art, game levels, music & much more!”
The Sandbox Evolution for Steam has a host of new features, developed specifically for the PC gaming community:
- Massive side-scrolling worlds providing players more freedom to build and create.
- Gorgeous pixel art graphics featuring multiple visual effects, parallax scrolling and custom 2D lighting
- Five dedicated “Creator” modes: Sandbox, Game, Laser, Chiptunes, Pixel Art Drawing
- Nine exclusive campaign levels including Genesis, Disasters, Machines, Lasers, Ninja, Caveman
- Easy to use Game Maker tool that enables players to create a retro-style platformer in a few seconds, as well as other types of games such as Laser Puzzles, Shooters and more.
- More than 200 elements to choose from to design worlds. Elements range from platforms, enemies and portals to contraptions, landscapes and heroes of all kinds!
- Social features including the “Daily Quests”mode to play challenging levels made by other players, a “Friends” menu to follow favorite players and top creators and a “Share” feature in the Online Gallery
- Full premium purchase gives players access to all future content updates, with upcoming features such as the Create Runner Game mode
The Sandbox Evolution is available for PC Windows via Steam now as a premium title for $9.99. Players who purchased the original version of the game will be granted an automatic 25% discount on The Sandbox Evolution. The game is also available for iOS and Android
- iPhone/iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id944393180
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixowl.tsb2
Players can join the growing community on Facebook http://facebook.com/thesandboxgame, Twitter http://twitter.com/thesandboxgame, YouTube http://youtube.com/user/thesandboxgame/videos and on the Forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/466940/discussions/.