Major free update with visual improvements, additional character colours, and more from January 2017!
New Demo ver.2 to be released in late December!
Munich, 5 December – SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION (Corporate HQ: Suita-city, Osaka, Japan, Company, President & CEO: Koichi Toyama) is proud to announce the release of a major free update (ver.1.10) to the PlayStation®4 exclusive title THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV in January 2017.This update will include significant graphical improvements, 2 new colour variations per character, and many more features. Moreover, a new demo (ver.2) will be released later in December as a preview of the upcoming 1.10 update. Please stay tuned for more exciting news and reveals about KOF XIV in the coming weeks and months!
- 50 fighters battle it out in one of KOF’s biggest rosters! 31 returning fighters join the tournament with 19 additional new characters!
- Climax Cancels: KOF’s trademark special move mechanic has deeply evolved in KOF XIV. Now chain your special moves together to create ultra-destructive combos!
- Improved MAX Mode: MAX mode returns deadlier than ever! Unleash EX specials to enhance your attacks and execute even deadlier moves
- PARTY BATTLE Mode: Duke it out together with up-to 12 players in the online “PARTY BATTLE” mode! Fight alongside your friends in 3-on-3 versus battles and use the built-in chat features to cheer your team on!
- Enhanced Online Modes: Create a KOF XIV profile to easily join the action online and fight on the vastly improved netcode. Train with friends in the ‘Online Training’ mode, or spectate battles and capture replays to analyse fights.
- A New KOF Saga: Set several years after the last KOF tournament, KOF XIV continues the tale in the robust single-player story mode. Turned into a worldwide business, individuals and companies partake in a new KOF tournament on a grand scale that could decide the fate of the world!