Independent UK games publisher, Wales Interactive, have announced release dates, price and pre-orders for the episodic adventure game Knee Deep, developed by Prologue Games. Knee Deep will launch 31st January 2017 for PlayStation 4 and 3rd February 2017 on Xbox One for £11.99/$14.99. Starting today, Xbox gamers will also have the chance to pre-order their digital copy on the Xbox Store.
When a washed-up actor hangs himself on location, a spotlight is cast on the backwater Florida town of Cypress Knee. Knee Deep is a crime thriller where choices matter as you investigate this mysterious suicide.
Your screen becomes a stage as you investigate as three distinct characters: cheeky blogger Romana Teague, down-and-out local reporter Jack Bellet, and cynical private investigator K.C. Gaddis. Use your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness to pull back the curtain and reveal the true story behind this swampland conspiracy.
Experience a magical reality where characters are transported among scenes, set pieces moved into place, and music wafts from the orchestra pit. Knee Deep is about characters, storytelling, and the melodrama of swampland Florida.
- Uncover a swampland conspiracy — Use your skills of observation, deduction, and cleverness to pull back the curtain and reveal the true story behind this backwater community.
- Dynamic storytelling spotlights choice and consequence — Engage in realistic conversations that evolve based on your choices, but beware as critical decisions could lead to a breakthrough…or someone getting hurt.
- Gaming goes to the theatre — Vivid voice acting, imaginative set transitions, and melodrama specifically designed for the digital stage.
- No fail-state: You can’t lose Knee Deep. No matter what choices you make, the story unfolds until it reaches the finale.
- Atmospheric musical soundtrack: A mix of bluegrass and blues, the soundtrack by SkewSound adds another amazing dimension to the story of Knee Deep.
- Full voice cast: You’ll meet more than 30 fully voiced characters during the show.