Arzt Memorial Hospital has been engulfed by an unknown outbreak. Survive as a team — or join the ranks of the dead! Now with overhauled controls and new scenarios, characters and a unique single-player narrative experience. It’s the best time to battle the undead ranks at 50% off through April 4th. A free single-player demo is available as well on the Steam store page.
Outbreak is a new top-down survival horror shooter now available on Steam. Inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill, Outbreak is a nod to the classic PS2 game featuring limited supplies and random enemy/item placement.
A government-funded cancer research project may have given birth to unspeakable horror. Choose your character:
- Seasoned police officer
- Increased damage resistance
- Starts with a pistol
- Computer scientist and engineer
- Takes more damage
- Starts with a lockpick
- Bioscience college student
- Regenerates health faster
- Starts with a healing item
- Larger inventory than the others
- Can’t combine healing salves
- Melee attack bonus
- Firearms do reduced damage
- Barricade construction bonuses
- Starts with unloaded shotgun
- Items are easily located on map
- Immune to poison
Outbreak’s unforgiving difficulty will test your nerves and force you to think on your feet. You’re thrown into an intense and difficult survival situation with limited inventory space for equipment, no pausing (in multiplayer), challenging puzzles … and ONE LIFE.
Be ready to face flaming monstrosities, poisonous undead canines, and more! Fortunately, a wide array of weaponry and additional equipment is scattered throughout the hospital facility: pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, axes, knives, climbing picks, and even grenade launchers. Don’t forget to look for opportunities to combine items in your inventory to get the most out of them — such as mixing healing salves for stronger effects. You can even trade with your teammates to make sure everyone has the most suitable gear.
Multiplayer runs on cloud servers. According to developer Dead Drop Studios, there should be virtually no firewall-related connection issues. (There’s no P2P, so players don’t directly connect to each other.) Furthermore, Outbreak has a region selector to ensure a low ping worldwide. The game can also be played offline in single-player mode.
- Friendly play: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
- Cut the cord: All modes playable in offline single-player with pause support.
- Campaign Mode: Play the entire story alone or in up to 4-player co-op.
- Nightmares Mode: Narrative hardcore single-player story mode.
- Onslaught Mode: Fight waves of endless enemies alone or with friends.
- Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted hospital infested by the undead.
- Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; includes 3 difficulty settings.
- Offline backup: Optional partner AI bot in solo Campaign & Onslaught modes.
- Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
- Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
- Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
- High replay value: Semi-random enemy and item layouts make every playthrough unique.
- Distinct characters: Seven playable characters with individual attributes and starting gear.
- Essential equipment: Earn during play or trade (Steam only) with other users.
Outbreak has full controller support — and it works perfectly with Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers. Outbreak also has multiple control schemes and fully customizable gamepad, keyboard and mouse bindings.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Outbreak is now available on Steam (Windows only) for $7.49 — 50% off the $14.99 retail price. The sale is set to end on April 4th and will also include discounts on cosmetic DLC.
Outbreak is also coming to the Windows Store and Xbox One in the future 🙂