THQ Nordic and Digital Arrow invite players to dive into the first beta test for its first-person underwater vehicle shooter
THQ Nordic has today launched the first closed multiplayer beta event for Aquanox: Deep Descent, the first-person underwater vehicle shooter from Digital Arrow. Available on Steam for PC, the beta runs from 6pm CET Friday, April 28th to 6pm CET Monday, May 1st, featuring two game modes – Team Deathmatch and 4v4 Deathmatch – across two different maps against other online players (with AI opponents filling any empty slots). THQ Nordic has stated that this is the first in a series of multiplayer beta tests over the coming months ahead of Aquanox: Deep Descent’s launch on Q4 for PC.
Aquanox Deep Descent is a first person underwater vehicle shooter, in which players control a variety of customizable ships to engage in fierce battles in the dystopian deep sea world of Aqua.
In the near future, the Earth’s surface has become uninhabitable. What remains of humankind lives in former mining and research stations, deep below the surface of the sea. Born and raised in the only world we know, the loose network of underwater settlements, torn by the war for resources and dominance between various factions.
Take control of a team of highly trained fighter pilots and experience an epic story in the dark world of Aquanox. Send your enemies down to Davy Jones’s Locker with well-aimed torpedoes, mortars, mines and more. Explore the deepest corners of the oceans – mysterious, hazardous, uncharted.
- Fight – Action-packed vehicle shooter combat that supports a wide variety of play styles
- Co-op – 4 player drop-in co-op, with four unique pilots who are all involved in the game story
- Customize – Create your ship from an extensive range of ship pieces and various customization options
- Explore – Discover the deepest corners of the ocean
- RPG Elements – Mining, salvaging, trading and looting
- PVP – Classic multiplayer modes, including Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch Dogfighting