Fantasy 2D platformer Illusoria – from indie dev Under the Bridge and publisher BadLand Games – launches May 30th on Steam (Windows).
Inspired by ‘90s classics Heart of Darkness and Flashback, Illusoria invites you to experience a dangerous fantasy world filled with menacing monsters and plenty of secrets.
As the Keeper of the Flame, you’re on a quest to protect the Empress and save the Kingdom of Illusoria from a terrifying curse.
After the Puppet Master emerges from the void, he quickly begins corrupting the land – turning every living creature into abominations that attack and kill everything in sight. Now it’s up to you in a race against time – gaining the power of the Guardian – to put an end to the Puppet Master’s plans for world domination in this beautifully illustrated action platformer.
Death lurks at every corner as dangerous monsters and devious traps lay in wait. Be nimble and quick, to flawlessly execute precision jumps. Roll out of the way or crouch to dodge incoming attacks. Hold on for dear life as you cling to the edges of walls or climb steep cliffs to clear each one of the game’s 12 action-packed levels. All of Illusoria’s environments and animations have been painstakingly painted frame by frame – with a minimalist HUD that never gets in the way. The atmospheric vibe is further enhanced by an all-original soundtrack – composed by Victor Riera – with an emphasis on environmental sound effects.
Cast powerful fireballs to take down enemies or protect yourself by creating a flaming shield. When all else fails, set yourself ablaze and lunge at hordes of monsters that would otherwise block your path. Knowing how and when to rely on magic is crucial if you want to defeat the Puppet Master’s legion of monsters – and live to tell the tale.
- Experience 12 action-packed levels filled with monsters and hidden secrets.
- Master your skills running, crouching, rolling, climbing, and precision jumping to traverse this dangerous fantasy world.
- Learn magic to get the edge on your enemies. Go on the offensive using fireballs, protect yourself with a fiery shield – or lunge at enemies while engulfed in flames.
- Decide between rushing through the levels or stopping to find out more about the world of Illusoria and its inhabitants.
- Is Illusoria too challenging? Then switch between Easy, Normal and Hard game modes at any moment from the main menu.
Availability & Pricing:
Illusoria will be available for Steam (Windows), on Tuesday May 30th priced at €9.99, $9.99, £6.99.