Kakao Games and PearlAbyss announced today that multiple award-winning MMORPG Black Desert Online is out now on Steam in North America and Europe. Players who order Black Desert Online between today and the 31st of May 17:00 UTC will save 40% on the game, regardless of gamepass and/or chosen DLC. The sale is available on Steam as well as blackdesertonline.com.
Buy Black Desert Online on Steam
A new trailer that was released on YouTube today shows off Black Desert Online’s beautifully designed open world, skill-based combat system, engaging life skills, and massive siege wars.
To better support the additional influx of players, Kakao Games will employ extra Olvia speed servers, some of which will be exclusively reserved to cater for new players that are coming through Steam. Users can choose to play on the exclusive servers or to jump into the greater community straight away. Special “Olvia” servers will help players to level-up quickly and catch up with the existing Black Desert Online community.
To celebrate Black Desert Online’s Steam launch, the community team has prepared a wide range of celebratory events that can be entered by both new as well as existing players. Amazing Steam-branded Black Desert Online goodies are up for grabs for those lucky and skillful enough to win.
Key event info:
Striker Level-Up Contest (5/24/2017 – 6/21/2017)
Players are challenged to take their Striker to the highest possible level. Players have up until the 21st of June (until weekly maintenance starts). The highest level Striker will win an Alienware Aurora Gaming Desktop. Furthermore, many runner up prizes such as t-shirts and caps are up for grabs.
Trailer Creation Contest (4/26/2017 – 5/31/2017)
Players are asked to create a trailer and upload to YouTube with the tag [Black Desert Fan Trailer] to participate. Once the submission period is over, Kakao Games’ community team will select the top contenders for the best videos. After the top 10 contenders are selected, the Black Desert Online community will vote for the final winner. The top 10 videos will be awarded prizes as well as the top 50 most viewed videos on YouTube.
Cash Shop coupons and in-game bonuses
- Everyone will receive two 20% off coupons for use in the Cash Shop (can be attributed to any item, including items that are already discounted).
- Cash Shop inventory and weight category items are on sale at 20% off (can be combined with a 20% off coupon).
- Increased drop rates for enchantment items such as Black Stones (Weapon & Armor), Sharp & Hard Shards and Ancient Relic Crystals Shards from the 24th of May (after maintenance) until the 7th of June 08:59 AM UTC.”
- Golden item drop event from the 7th of June (after maintenance) until the 21st of June 08:59 AM UTC.
- Brand new costumes will be available for each class.