The top-down shooter GENESHIFT is finally available on Steam Early Access!
Drive like a maniac with GTA2-style vehicles and MOBA-style skills. Do your worst in insanely fun single-player, online co-op, and PvP modes that harken back to the golden years of PC gaming.
Starting as a GTA2/Diablo mashup, Geneshift eventually evolved into an action extravaganza with enough mutant skills to give Professor Xavier a headache. The turning point came in 2014 when the game was Greenlit on Steam. Solo developer Ben Johnson of Nik Nak Studios decided to quit his day job and go full-time. However, Australia was expensive – so he packed his bags and moved somewhere cheaper: Peru. There, he worked with limited savings until the game was completed; now, after eight years of development, Geneshift has finally reached Steam Early Access.
Geneshift puts you behind the wheel of a number of crazy vehicles – letting you detonate car bombs and fire out windows for drive-by shootings. Play as a mutant and unlock more than 30 tactical skills such as teleportation, invisibility, and fireballs. Stop a zombie outbreak in the single-player and co-op campaigns – earning cash to level up your character – or face other players in bloody PvP combat. Hop online and play competitively in Conquest, Checkpoint Racing, and Capture the Flag – or compete in leaderboards by speedrunning the campaign as fast as possible.
Feeling more creative than destructive? Make your own sandbox in the built-in level editor: If other people play your level, you’ll unlock special cosmetic items!
Ben Johnson (founder, Nik Nak Studios):
“When I started working on Geneshift all those years ago, I had no idea I’d still be going eight years later. But the community kept coming up with amazing new ideas. Their feedback has been essential to Geneshift’s development, and I can’t wait to finally share our creation with a larger audience!”
* 5v5 multiplayer combat: Battle in game modes such as Capture the Flag, Checkpoint Racing, and Zombie Survival.
* 4-player co-op campaign: Play the story solo or with friends online – and save the world from a mysterious outbreak.
* Insane vehicle action: Ride with allies to commit drive-by shootings, detonate car bombs, and capture key objectives.
* 20+ brutal weapons: Fire pistols, shotguns, snipers, explosives … or save up for deadly superweapons.
* 30+ tactical skills: Create complex skill builds as you gain experience and permanently level up your mutant.
* Secret base-building: Place hidden chemicals to gain secret benefits such as spying on enemies and teleportation.
* Leaderboards and difficulties: Replay the campaign in 4 difficulty levels, and set high scores on various leaderboards.
* User-generated maps: Create maps in the editor and unlock kick-ass cosmetics whenever your maps are played.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Geneshift is now available on Steam Early Access (Windows/Linux) for $7.99 – a 20% discount lasting through May 29. On May 30 (a week from launch), Geneshift returns to its original retail price of $9.99. A demo is also available on the Steam store – providing free access to multiplayer with no time restrictions.