Developer Nosebleed Interactive and publisher BadLand Games have released a new tongue in cheek, sci-fi/shooter entitled Vostok Inc. onto Steam Greenlight. Are you ready to blast your way through armies of galactic space aliens as a corrupt, greedy, narcissistic yuppie? Whilst accumulating billions, trillions, NO WAIT! sextillions of Moolah? Of course you would. Then vote for Vostok Inc. on Steam Greenlight and sit back and look smug knowing that you’ve done your good deed for the day.
If we haven’t convinced you yet, here’s Jimmy from Vostok Inc. riding a spaceship through the galaxy blasting out Moolah! We told you greed is good.
Vostok Inc. has gone onto conquer many events around planet Earth, including EGX Rezzed in London, where it was listed by EuroGamer as being “One of the eight best games from the show floor.” with editor Oli Welsh commenting, “Vostok Inc. is clever, fun and full of witty touches.”
“Since Eurogamer’s editor Oli Welsh loved it, we’re sure you will too! Also, you don’t want another destitute game dev on the streets, do you? DO YOU?!” Andreas Firnigl – CEO/Coffee boy Nosebleed Interactive.
What’s Vostok Inc. all about?
You’re the newly appointed CEO of Vostok Inc. As a greedy, space-capitalist your ultimate goal is to get filthy, stinking, rich!
Of course, it wouldn’t be much of a shooter if there weren’t enemies to blast on the way to untold riches. You’ll encounter a variety of different alien races (each with their own agenda) with assets ready for “liquidation.” Each dead enemy, defeated boss, and vanquished environmental hazard drops loot, making every encounter a ripe business opportunity. Once you’ve collected enough moolah it’s time to land on planets and start mining, terraforming and colonising.
Once the Moolah starts flowing, you’ll be able to upgrade your ship weapons and augmentations. Increase profits even further by finding and recruiting managers, consultants, and executives scattered throughout the galaxy.
Need to take a break from all the mayhem? Kick back and enjoy one of Vostok Inc.’s retro inspired 13 mini-games. Even the most (money hungry) hard working CEOs deserve a rest!
- Explore and exploit more than 40 planets over 6 solar systems.
- Land on any planet, begin extracting resources to build up your Moolah production.
- Over 500 objectives to keep you entertained.
- Craft and upgrade an arsenal of 19 diverse weapons, from lasers and missiles to gravity guns and trip mines.
- Purchase and upgrade a huge array of ship augmentations including the ability to slow time.
- Collect loot from fallen enemies, bosses or environmental hazards.
- Find and recruit managers, consultants, and executives scattered throughout the galaxy, and keep them happy to boost planetside production.
- Play 13 minigames within a virtual pet type system.
- Enjoy an adaptive audio system, with music that constantly evolves as you play!