Blizzard Entertainment are excited to announce that the Summer Games are coming back to Overwatch! Summer Games 2017 will return from August 8–29 and will feature new skins and a new Lúcioball map, as well as the return of the previous Summer Games 2016 skins.
Summer Loot Box Update
Previous Summer Games skins will be available for purchase at a reduced cost compared to this year’s new skins.
New Summer Games 2017 cosmetic items will cost the following:
- Legendary Skins: 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 750 credits
- Rare tier: 225 credits
- Common tier: 75 credits
Summer Games 2016 cosmetics will be available at a reduced cost:
- Legendary Skins: 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins: 250 credits
- Rare tier: 75 credits
- Common tier: 25 credits
The Summer Games-exclusive brawl is back, pitting two Lúcio-only teams against each other in a 3v3 ball match, with the following changes:
- Lúcioball will introduce Sydney as a map environment; matches will rotate between the Sydney and Rio stadiums
- Several changes have been made to Lúcio’s abilities in Lúcioball
o The ability to “boop” enemies has been removed
o Lúcio’s ultimate ability no longer pulls the ball toward the player, but now increases Lúcio’s speed and the speed of his “boop”
- Summer Games 2017 will also introduce a second competitive mode for Lúcioball, allowing players to place and rank
See you in Overwatch!