Stand ready for the battle that will decide the future of the universe! Prepare your weapons and start your engines: only you, the best trained and most lethal pilot in the galaxy, can face the Meroptian menace. Abylight and Locomalito are excited to announce the release platforms and date of Super Hydorah, an indie shoot’em up that condense the best of the classics of the genre in an intense non-linear gameplay experience. Super Hydorah will be released on September 20th for Steam and Xbox One, for a price of $11,99 / €11,99 – and it’s already available on Pre-order for Xbox One!
Super Hydorah is a side scroller non-linear SHMUP which gives the player a challenging experience with the best from the greatest classics of the genre: straightforward action, old school visuals and a wide array of content with unique space settings. Super Hydorah pays homage to the 16 and 32 bits era with its art style and an original soundtrack with more than 60 songs. Also, its gameplay gives yet another turn of the screw to the SHMUP genre, with an extremely precise control and 21 non linear levels, divided into 35 sublevels, and different gameplay modes.
- Easy to learn, damn hard to master!
- 21 levels divided into 35 sub-levels, 35 bosses and more than 100 enemies
- 3 game modes: single player, co-op multiplayer and a robot control spin-off
- Non-linear level layout with route selection
- Analog and super precise control of your ship
- Dangers of different nature in each level (not just bullets)
- Weapon selection and power-ups in every mission
- Original soundtrack with 60+ tracks
- Secrets, multiple endings, achievements, and rank system
- CRT Monitor effect