Today, award-winning international games label Team17 and developer Unicube announced that Sheltered, the post-apocalyptic survival game is releasing on mobile platforms. You’ve survived (or probably perished) on PC and console, now it’s time to face the apocalypse from the convenience of your smartphone or tablet.
Sheltered is a game that gives a whole new meaning to the term “nuclear family”. Given a head-start over the billions lost in a nuclear holocaust, you must gather as many supplies as possible en-route to the concrete underground shelter that will soon become your family home for the foreseeable future. Remember, home is where the heart is so it’s your job to turn a bare, concrete bunker into a home your neighbours will be jealous of. Or would have, if you had any left… Use resources to craft household favourites such as bucket toilets, camp beds and high-speed fibre optic internet (OK, maybe not the last one).
Combat claustrophobia, radiation and mental exhaustion as you cling desperately to life in the cramped, cold underground shelter. You’ll have to leave the scant protection the shelter offers behind as you’re forced to venture outside into the dangerous, desolate wasteland to scavenge for vital supplies which could ensure your family’s survival for just one more day. Also, pets! Choose between a dog, cat, fish, snake or horse as your loyal companion.
- For family: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world.Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
- Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and appearance.
- RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices.
- Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat.
- Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting.
- Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty.
- Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts.
- Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it.
Sheltered is available now on Android and iOS devices for £3.99/$3.99/€3.99.
Find it on iOS here
Find it on Android here