Some points about the Dark Magic Powerset:
- The Dark Magic Blast powerset video from Ship of Heroes is the fourth video showcasing a full powerset for this new MMO.
- With this release, the devs have now shown over sixty unique powers that their space-traveling heroes can employ, out of nearly 200 scheduled to be available at launch.
- Dark Magic Blast fulfills the promise that there would be magically-derived powers aboard the FHS Justice.
- The description of how mages gain their powers, viewable on the Ship of Heroes website, gives viewers insight into another side of the space MMO’s rich story.
- Dark Magic Blast is the first powerset created entirely with custom animations and FX produced by the dev team at Heroic Games. The powers are all unique, exclusive content; no purchased assets were used in their creation.
- While the Ship of Heroes team often upgrades existing animations, FX, and SFX, this footage hints at what the SoH team can create with their own resources.
- The power demonstrations came out on Halloween, offering fans a holiday video while also fulfilling yet another item on the MMO’s development roadmap.
- The devs at Ship of Heroes almost always record their videos in-game using a client-server arrangement, and not in the engine editor; this makes their videos both riskier and more meaningful, because the full client-server architecture replicates what a player can see and do more thoroughly.
Ship of Heroes expects to begin Alpha testing at the end of 2017, and go to a Beta launch at the end of 2018.