Whether you’re a fan of the holidays or not, Jump’s December 2017 game additions has a little gift for everyone. From solitary single-player to competitive multiplayer, Jump — the only on-demand video game subscription service with an emphasis on independent games — is releasing new games weekly throughout the month. Jingling bells in December are award-winning and best-selling games Nidhogg and Cook, Serve, Delicious!, with the former and Echoes of the Fey: The Fox’s Trail coming to subscribers on December 1.
Currently, Jump is also running an outstanding holiday offer where subscribers can receive 12 months of Jump at just $499/month – 50% off its regular $9.99 a month price. Players receive unlimited access to the entire hand-selected library which now includes over 80 games. The catalog is carefully curated based on reviews, awards, and sales to aid gamers in discovering the best in indie games. This holiday promotion is currently running through December 31, 2017.
NEW GAMES TO JUMP IN DECEMBER:
- LAUNCHING DECEMBER 1 — Nidhogg: An epic award-winning and critically acclaimed game from Messhof. Full of fencing tug-of- war, graceful acrobatics, and clumsy stabs, this two-player showdown features fast-paced fencing and melee attacks. Each arena holds different strategic formations and chokepoints to use to their advantage, and the only way to win is to outwit their opponent. En Garde!
- LAUNCHING DECEMBER 1 — Echoes of the Fey: The Fox’s Trail: This unique visual novel that mixes a high fantasy setting with the mysteries and conspiracies of pulp detective fiction, developed by Woodsy Studio. Players take on the persona of Sofya Rykov, a private investigator with a secret of her own: unstable magic powers she uses to solve her cases. In “The Fox’s Trail”, Sofya is hired to track down a missing Leshin with connections to the Human resistance during the occupation. Players face 100 choice points throughout the story, with each decision leading them to everything from improving relationships to changing the fate of the other characters Sofya comes to know.
- Doodle Devil: While Doodle God (also available on Jump), and Joybits, Ltd, were busy creating the universe, hit seller Doodle Devil was also having some fun. Discover the seven deadly sins and watch as the world crumbles at your fingertips as you create thousands of dastardly deeds. Combine fire, earth, wind & air to create demons, beasts, zombies…and many more devilishly devious delights.
- Ninja Pizza Girl: Highly rated Ninja Pizza Girl, by Cat Nigiri and Disparity Games, features an old-school action platformer vibe with a deep-dish message. With a dedicated speedrun mode, too, Gemma, who works as a pizza delivery ninja for her father’s independent pizzeria, must fight to keep her ideals, her family and their business intact in face of the most merciless enemies known to any teenager – other teenagers. For family. For honor. For pizza.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! Top-selling and one of the few hardcore restaurant sims in existence, Cook, Serve, Delicious! is a deceptively easy game to learn but incredibly challenging to master as you progress through your career from owning a terrible zero star cafe into a five-star, world-famous restaurant. By award-winning Vertigo gaming, players start with a few thousand dollars and thirty foods to choose from to put on your menu, as well as a host of restaurant equipment and more. From here, players must figure out the best strategy to get that restaurant packed with satisfied customers.
- Wheels of Aurelia: This multi-award winning narrative road trip game, by innovative developer Santa Ragione, set in the roaring Italian 70s, it tells the story of Lella, a restless woman driving on the roads of the western coast of Italy, the famous “Via Aurelia”. This gorgeous interactive fiction takes the shape of an isometric driving game takes players through an era in Italy that were a time of terrorism, kidnappings, and political turmoil. Based on player choices and the places they decide to visit, they may end up in car chases, illegal street races, or in tense debates with a catholic priest, and more from an innovative cast of characters.
- Lavapools: A cute and hardcore arcade game from developers 4EdgesGames and Visumeca, requires players to dodge death in a rising hell! No weapons. Only dodging, pure skill and understanding regular patterns. As Krusty, a crab whose child has been kidnapped by a terrible octopus and who has fallen into the octopus’ deadly trap, players need to find their way to escape from that evil environment and rescue Krusty’s progeniture.
- Star Sky 2: The highly rated sequel to Star Sky (also available on Jump), Star Sky 2 is another unique, personable, and innovative experience. From the very first moment, players become the narrator of a methodically slow-paced story in which their choices are woven with every step. From the mind and heart of Mårten Jonsson and JMJ Interactive, Star Sky 2 unfolds like a beautiful poem that tells a different saga every time.
For more information on Jump, please visit http://www.playonjump.com. Please join us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram @playonjump.