Ready to die? Next Up Hero is available now on Steam Early Access with a 50% discount for all beta participants!
Next Up Hero, the impossibly-hard, bullet-hell game driven by Community Continue is available now on Steam Early Access. For those that participated in the beta version in the past week, you can now purchase your Early Access copy at 50% off which includes all progress from the beta!
Remember those Saturdays full of sugar-coated cereal and sticky controllers? Recapture those magical mornings in Next Up Hero, where the only way to win is to bring a buddy! Next Up Hero is impossibly hard; beating a level is a shared victory, and more fun than playing on your own. Streamers can get their fan communities involved and share in sweet victories by creating new rooms (which are nameable, just think of the possibilities) and inviting them to join in the fight! With a built-in streaming function, Next Up Hero is the perfect game for content creators.
This is the first original game from Digital Continue, founded by Joe Tringali, the co-founder of 5TH Cell, creators of Scribblenauts, Lock’s Quest and Drawn to Life.
Choose from nine Legendary Heroes with an assortment of weapons and abilities to suit your playstyle, from swords and rocket launchers to laser turrets, bongo drums, and boomerangs. When enough heroes have achieved enough feats of greatness, the Champion Trial will be unlocked, the most punishing ventures created by Digital Continue’s own level designers that require a joint community effort if you hope to even stand a chance.
The first Champion Trial will launch in the coming weeks for Early Access adopters.
- Fight in the After Life – When you die, rejoin the venture with the next hero as an overwatching guardian angel. As you spectate, use your healing power to restore the hero’s health once per battle. Just make sure to use it when your hero actually needs it.
- Echo-op Multiplayer – While spectating, take control of an Echo and rejoin the battle to fight cooperatively with the current Hero. Echoes aren’t as strong as heroes, but in a game this hard, they’ll need all the help they can get.
- Community Continue – Engage in a cutting edge style of cooperative play where beating community ventures is a shared achievement, and more fun than playing on your own.
- The Champion Trial – Coming soon! The toughest ventures yet. Unlocked only when the community has proven it is ready. To have any chance of survival, you must work together as a community to solve puzzles, defeat impossible bosses, and unlock new rewards. You will probably die.
- Spotlight Ventures and Leaderboards – Compete with the community in daily, weekly and monthly leaderboards! Play in ventures with your favorite streamers, or join celebrities in exclusive VIP ventures!
- Customized Heroes – Defeat monsters and steal their abilities. Combine monster attacks, character skins, and Ancient abilities for thousands of deadly potential loadouts!
- Choose Your Own Achievement – Customize your next goal using a Mad Lib style journal system. Complete those goals to earn the Grand Tokens necessary to gain entry into the deadly Champion Trial.
Next Up Hero is now available on Steam Early Access for $19.99 in NA, 19.99 in the EU, and 17.99GBP in the UK.