4A Games’ first-person shooter ARKTIKA.1 has received a major update. A number of improvements have been made – along with full support for cloud saves and three new languages: German, French, and Spanish.
Oculus Rift users can now download Patch #3 from the Oculus app.
Here’s a brief “welcome” celebrating the additional languages:
ABOUT THE GAME
ARKTIKA.1 is a visceral VR first-person shooter powered by the acclaimed 4A Engine and built from the ground up for Oculus Touch. With breathtaking detail and superior shooting mechanics, ARKTIKA.1 offers unprecedented scope, storytelling, and graphical fidelity in a VR first-person shooter.
Nearly a century into the future, only the equatorial regions remain habitable, yet pockets of humanity still manage to survive in small numbers all over the planet. These regions of civilization sit on resource-rich, highly desirable territories to the north and south. As a mercenary hired by Citadel Security, you must protect one of the last colonies in the wastelands of old Russia from invading forces bent on the extinction of the human race as we know it.
Weapons in ARKTIKA.1 share a modular design. You can assemble unique variants by mixing and matching accessories on top of basic “frames”: antiques, railguns – and even weapons able to shoot around corners! It’s important to choose the right tool for the job: Horrifying creatures and violent offenders who once lurked outside the city walls have found a way in, and they’ll do whatever it takes to eliminate Citadel Security and anyone who lives in the colony.
Each playfield offers plenty of space to move around in – allowing for strategic positioning and increased immersion. The game’s advanced cover system takes flanking maneuvers to a whole new level: Enemies can easily tear your cover into tiny little pieces and even outflank you! The possibilities are nearly endless; in-game objects like interactive car doors can be used to stay alive just a little longer and gain an advantage over the opposition.
* Immersive FPS action with full-body shooting mechanics.
* Engaging combat featuring unique abilities such as touch, dodge and hide.
* Some of the most impressive visuals ever seen in VR, thanks to the 4A Engine.
* Intuitive controls for natural, realistic gameplay.
* Atmospheric settings with a blend of post-apocalyptic and futuristic environments.
* Advanced weapons with plenty of customization choices to suit your personal playstyle.
* Visceral challenge with finely-tuned difficulty balance.
* Deep, immersive storyline.
* Cloud Save functionality retains your save files so that you can play from any PC.
* Available initially in English, Russian, and Ukrainian – and now French, German, and Spanish!
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
ARKTIKA.1 is available on Oculus Rift for $29.99.