Square Enix Collective is proud to announce that the forthcoming epic sandbox MMO Boundless from UK studio Wonderstruck will launch on 11 September, for PC and PlayStation 4.
Offering gamers a single universe of connected worlds in which every element – the politics, the economy, the crafting and the communities – is entirely created and run by the players, Boundless ensures everyone is exploring, building, crafting, trading and collaborating within one single ecosystem.
“Throughout its Early Access run, we’ve watched players flourish within Boundless’ evolving universe,” says James Austin, Director of Wonderstruck. “Now, with our full launch in September, we’re excited to see where they take the full game – especially given that PC and PS4 gamers will all be operating within the same space, crafting and creating with each other within the same worlds.”
“For a game like Boundless, which relies on the community to create a constantly evolving universe, allowing every player, in every region, on every platform, to play together was always vital,” says Phil Elliott, Director of Indie Publishing at Square Enix West. “Because one of the really important, unique aspects of Boundless is that – whichever path you choose within the game, and whichever role you play – you do it in a single, unsharded universe in full view of the entire player-base. Which means that your actions have real meaning.”
Playing Boundless you can:
- Colonise planets by yourself or join a settlement with others and grow your Beacon into the capital of the world with the Prestige system
- Craft hundreds of items including building blocks, tools, weapons, food and much more
- Spend your hard earned skill points in the Skill Tree and tailor your character to how you want to play the game
- Complete objectives, feats and events to earn rewards and Experience Points to level up your character
- Build and maintain a Portal between worlds for you and others to use
- Trade items with others or set up a shop to sell and buy items while you’re off adventuring
- Seamlessly travel to new worlds and discover different creatures, resources, block colours and user generated creations in an ever-changing universe – each world automatically regenerates areas that are not protected by a Beacon and returns it to its original layout, creating new and much needed resources for you to collect