Fans of tower defense games are in for a treat when some of the cuddliest heroes who ever defended a castle are hitting Steam with today’s launch of “The Onion Knights: Definitive Edition”. Onion Knights offers hours of exciting gameplay thanks to 160 levels of tactical challenges to while away those cloudy autumn days, encouraging players to work up a sweat in hard mode and a wave based game mode.
To defend their castle against the evil forces of General Curry, players receive support from their three legendary knights who each have unique abilities as well as from a variety of heroes with their own special skills. In the fight against approaching enemies or by fending off troops in the wave based expert mode, players will need to use their knights’ abilities wisely while unlocking the full potential of their fellow heroes using upgrades to guarantee the best possible defense strategy. Additional items as well as the perfect combination of knights and heroes become a necessity when playing at higher difficulty and especially during boss levels.
“The Onion Knights: Definitive Edition” offers additional goals for players to aim for with its achievement system as well as plenty of options to upgrade their heroes and unlock the true power of the knights – best of all: Publisher Insel Games dispensed with the in-game shop, offering the full experience for a one time purchase of the PC version.
“The Onion Knights: Definitive Edition” is available on Steam for 9,99€, but offers a 20% discount for the launch week. A Playstation 4 version is planned for release very soon.
About The Onion Knights: Definitive Edition
The Onion Knights is a casual tower defense game with adorable fantasy characters that offers highly addictive gameplay thanks to a combination of strategy and RPG elements. Players can choose from normal to hard difficulty and compete in the special Extreme Mode against constant waves of enemies to gain exclusive rewards. A variety of different heroes and items extend the gameplay with strategic options, essential for dropping those bosses.
- Three Onion Knights: Use their special skills to fend off endless hordes of enemies
- Hire heroes: Profit from exclusive abilities
- Easy controls: Quick to learn and addictive gameplay
- Deep strategy: Rising difficulty with game progress, making the strategic use and upgrade of items essential to succeed
- Upgrade system: Level up the abilities of your knights, your canon and mana pool and upgrade your heroes, too
- Big variety: 16 battlefields and 160 stages with easy and hard modes to choose from
- Extreme mode: Compete in an endless mode and receive special rewards every 10th wave