Half Year Anniversary kicks off with special 50% discount promo today
Portland based developer Zero Sum Games announces that StarDrive 2 (PC, Mac and Linux) will receive its first DLC, named “Sector Zero”, which will be launching later this year.
The DLC will bolster the epic turn-based 4x space strategy title with the following additional content and features:
- Sectors mechanic. An entirely new way to visualize and conquer the galaxy. The concept of sectors reinvigorates the 4x’s of StarDrive 2. In the early-game exploration phase, Sectors provide short-term goals as the targets of your exploration. As you enter a sector for the first time, its secrets are revealed. You might find one of Sector Zero’s new quest lines or events. You may find subspace anomalies, the wreckage from ancient battles, and many more new and exciting terrain features.
- Deep Space Construction mechanics. These allow you to claim sectors for your empire and to exploit the resources found there. Build a Star Fortress at the edge of a wormhole to control the passage, or a mining base in a deep space field of precious metals. Every space station can be upgraded with multiple improvements to secure your territory.
- Expanded Galaxy size, allowing galaxies up to 4 times larger than those available in the base StarDrive 2 game.
- Dozens of new quests and events to continue to bring the lore of the StarDrive universe to life.
- New technologies to research.
- New Racial traits to further customize your experience.
- Two new Victory Conditions: the scientific victory, and a story-based victory.
Also to coincide with the half year anniversary of the launch of StarDrive 2, publisher Iceberg Interactive will be offering a 50% discount on the title for 7 days from today October 9th, with the original StarDrive game also discounted to 75% off.