Portuguese production company Fish Eagle, in partnership with experienced Italian developer, Picaresque Studio, is thrilled to announce that Nantucket, a seafaring strategy game based on Moby Dick, will be released on 18th January.
Set in the golden era of American whaling in the early 19th century, Nantucket takes place shortly after the events in the Pequod, where Captain Ahab and his crew lost their lives to Moby Dick. As Ishmael, the sole survivor of the Pequod, you’ll explore the seven seas, captain your ship, fight pirates and hunt whales, whilst on the lookout for your old foe, Moby Dick, in search of the ultimate redemption.
Nantucket is a game like no other, and explores the fiction of the time in a detailed world to explore, manage and conquer, including:
- EXPLORE THE SEVEN SEAS: Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures.
- BE THE CAPTAIN YOU WANT TO BE: Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills.
- MANAGE YOUR SHIP AND CREW: Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- EXPERIENCE THE GOLDEN AGE OF WHALING: Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices and face the consequences of your actions.
- HUNT WHALES AND FIGHT PIRATES: Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- CHASE AFTER MOBY DICK: Follow an original storyline and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
Marco Mantoan, Designer, Picaresque Studio, commented: “We’re excited to share the vision of Nantucket with the community when the game releases this January 18th.” He continued: “We’ve poured heart and soul into Nantucket, delivering a unique experience, and we’re excited to see the reaction of fans around the world.”
Richard Benn, Managing Director, Fish Eagle, said: “Picaresque Studio is bursting with Talent, evidenced by the reception of Nantucket in the gaming community. Where we find unique experiences such as this, our expertise in publishing is brought to bear to enable partners such as Picaresque Studio to focus on the game, while we leverage our experience and knowledge to deliver a successful publishing partnership.”
Nantucket is available to add to your wish list now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/621220
To learn more about Nantucket, please visit the official webpage: http://www.picaresquestudio.com/nantucketgame/
For more information on Fish Eagle, please visit http://www.fisheagle.com.pt/