Representatives from internationally renowned companies such as Microsoft Studios, Electronic Arts, Oculus VR, Epic Games and Ubisoft were added to the list of speakers of the vast conference program, with sessions covering the areas of Business, Game Design, Marketing, Technology, Arts, Finance and Production.
Game Connection Europe, one of the biggest B2B conferences in the games industry, today announced more content for its upcoming event in Paris from October 29-31. Alongside a huge exhibition and networking area, the show hosts more than 100 sessions, panels, and Master Classes, covering seven different tracks, plus some specific in-depth sessions on Audio, Localization and press matters.
In the past few weeks, several new talks have been added to the conference schedule, among others:
- Looking for Blue Ocean? Look to the Cloud! – William Rhys Dekle, Senior Director Worldwide Business Development, Microsoft Studios (Oct 29, 4:00 p.m.)
- FIFA From the inside: through a console generation – Sebastian Enrique, Producer, Electronic Arts (Oct 31, 3:00 p.m.)
- Oculus Insight: Building The Best VR – Aaron Davies, Head of Developer Relations, Oculus VR (Oct 30, 2:00 p.m.)
- Next level for hybrid games – combining mobile and physical games interaction – Thomas Bleyer, Managing Director, Ravensburger Digital (Oct 29, 3:30 p.m.)
- Next-Generation Mobile GPUs and Rendering Techniques – Niklas Smedberg, Senior Engine Programmer, Epic Games (Oct 30, 5:00 p.m.)
- Brave New World: Designing the Destiny UI – David Candland, User Interface Lead, Bungie (Oct 30, 10:00 a.m.)
- Navigating in Asia – Case of Top Eleven – Nikola Cavic, Head of Business Development, Nordeus (Oct 31, 10:30 a.m.)
- Creating gameplay experiences for the omnipresent game – Chris Early, VP Digital Publishing, Ubisoft (Oct 30, 3:30 p.m.)
- East to West: how to maximize monetization when operating a mobile game in different markets – Emma Povkhan, Product Manager, Aeria Games Europe GmbH (Oct 30, 10:00 a.m.)
Further highlights include the keynote by Kellee Santiago, Head of Developer Relations at OUYA, My Year at OUYA: The Ups, Downs, and Lessons from Launching a New Distribution Platform (Oct 31, 1:30 p.m.), as well as Master Classes such as Game User Research: the Art and Craft of Usability Testing for Video Games (Mirweis Sangin, Principal User Experience Researcher, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, Oct 31, 9:00 a.m.) or 10 steps to enhance the quality of your character art in Zbrush (JB Ferder, Senior Character Artist, Arkane Studios, Oct 31, 9:00 a.m.).
Sessions and panels are open to all visitors of Game Connection Europe, while Master Classes consist of seven hours of professional training and are subject to a seperate entry pass. As of today, registered attendees can schedule their business meetings via the official meeting application.
Visitors of Game Connection Europe can also expect a dedicated Unity Day on October 29th. Middleware-provider Unity Technologies recently announced a huge presence on the expo floor together with a full track of panels and a dedicated Master Class focusing on intelligent interactive 3D and 2D experiences. Unity speakers include, among others, Sebastian Dubois, Lead Programmer at Amplitude Studios, Benoit Fouletier of Swing Swing Submarine and Oscar Clarke of Everyplay.
To view the conference schedule to date, please visit: http://www.game-connection.com/conference
This year, Game Connection has partnered with Paris Games Week, one of the largest consumer events in Europe with more than 250,000 visitors expected. Registered attendees of Game Connection will also have the chance to visit Paris Games Week. Both events take place at Paris Expo in Porte de Versailles at the same time.