Gaming Istanbul, Turkey’s new B2B and B2C gaming expo, which successfully debuted this February, is prepping up for next year’s event.
GIST 2017 will be held from February 2nd – 5th, 2017, in Istanbul’s ICC International Congress Center, centrally and conveniently located near Taksim Square. GIST|Developers Conference will take place prior to the expo, on February 1st, 2017.
“Gaming Istanbul 2017 will be bigger, better and more international: We’re excited to see how well GIST 2016 was received, and have many plans to make GIST 2017 an even more thrilling and successful experience both for Turkish consumers as well as the international gaming industry attending the event”, explains Cevher Eryürek, Director GIST at organiser GL Events.
In order to even more increase the appeal of the event to an even bigger international audience, GL Events, organisers of Gaming Istanbul, are extending their Advisory Boards for both GIST Gaming Istanbul and GIST|Developers Conference. GL Events are cooperating with internationally and globally renowned industry experts from all areas and markets – and today are announcing the first members of the Advisory Boards:
GIST Gaming Istanbul Advisory Board (in alphabetical order)
- Betrand Carton – Event Manager EMEA Marketing at Unity Technologies – more than 15 years of experience of brand marketing in various industries.
- Sam Collins – Commercial Manager at UKIE – The Association for UK Interactive Entertainment – Sam Collins supports companies involved in the UK video games industry and promotes the industry to the wider market.
- Kate Edwards – Kate Edwards – Executive Director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA). Kate is a geographer, writer and culturalization strategist who’s worked on many major game franchises during her 20+ years in the game industry. As Executive Director of the IGDA, she brings in her expertise of leadership and culturalization work in the game industry to running the only global, professional game developers association. In October 2013, Fortunemagazine named her as one of the “10 most powerful women” in the game industry and in December 2014 she was named by GamesIndustry.biz as one of their six People of the Year.
- Dieter Marchsreiter – Managing Director of Marchsreiter Communications, Germany’s and Europe’s leading communication agency for the Interactive Entertainment industry; games industry, PR and journalism veteran for more than 25 years.
- Tuğbek Ölek – Head of the Advisory Board of TOGED, Turkey’s Game Developers Association – Tuğbek Ölek has worked as editorial coordinator for Turkish gaming magazines such as Oyungezer, Level, Progamer and Free2Play. Ölek organized the first ever e-sports event in Turkey and he is the co-founder of Seti Media. He has lead projects like Playstore, the first digital game store of Turkey, and The Game for Big Kids which is the first executive gaming club in the world.
- Ferhan Özkan – Senior Business Development Manager, Crytek – Responsible of partnerships and alliances. Ferhan is also leading Crytek’s VR First program, nurturing grass-root VR development.
- Tom Putzki – Games Industry Consultant, Spokesperson Wargaming Europe and games industry veteran for more than 20 years.
- Aras Şenyüz – Director Mobile & Marketing Netmarble EMEA and Member of the Board of Oyunder, Turkey’s game developers and publishers association – Aras is responsible for mobile publishing, localisation and marketing for the Turkish and Middle Eastern markets. Before joining Netmarble, Aras was responsible for marketing activities in different positions with L’Oréal, Unilever, De’Longhi, Vodafone and the Mobile Marketing Association.
- Rick van Beem – Marketing & PR Manager at Kakao Games – Building bridges between Asian and Western gaming cultures is Rick van Beem’s mission when bringing new level of high quality AAA interactive entertainment from Asia to European and North American markets.
- Carsten van Husen – F2P specialist and entrepreneur – Operating online games since 1999, first founding and trade-selling a web1.0 games company, later launching the first commercially successful Asian MMO in Europe ever in 2001, as Director Games of pan-European ISP Tiscali. Started MMOs at Gameforge in 2006 as CEO of Gameforge 4D, bringing e.g. Metin2 to Turkey and beyond. Became CEO of whole Gameforge group in 2014. Today, working both on his potential next big thing and as freelance consultant.
- Gareth Williams – Director Games at Premier Communications, the UK’s leading games, arts and entertainment communication agency
The advisory boards will help making decisions on future developments and events of GIST, and will also contribute to selecting speakers and talks for GIST Developers Conference, which will be held prior to Gaming Istanbul.
“We’re delighted to see industry veterans from all over the world joining our Advisory Board and supporting the idea of Gaming Istanbul: building bridges between the European and Asian gaming industries. The support and experience of these representatives, coming from all areas of the games industry, is priceless and will help Gaming Istanbul to be an event that highlights Istanbul as a place to be on the industry world map”, states Cevher Eryürek, Director of GIST Gaming Istanbul at GL Events.
GIST 2017 Early Bird booking for exhibitors is open now; discounts will be available until September 11th, 2016.