Launch into space-tactics overdrive with the release of Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition, out on Steam today! Massive Damage has pushed the original Halcyon 6 to its limit by reworking the campaign, streamlining systems, adding new progression, tweaking difficulty levels, + so much more.
Lightspeed Edition is built off community feedback and a drive by Massive Damage to innovate on their original release. The fantastic fanbase of Halcyon 6 have inspired the developers at Massive Damage to offer the new Lightspeed Edition free (Yes, you read right, FREE) to all current Starbase Commander owners!
“But how much was actually changed?” you might ask. Well, everything. Nearly every line of code was analyzed in the process of making Lightspeed Edition, to ensure players are getting the best space-combat experience!
“While making Lightspeed Edition we looked at community feedback and our own internal discussions for what changes we wanted to make. In doing so, we meticulously retraced our steps over every aspect of Starbase Commander. Our team really wanted to offer an improved and expanded Halcyon 6 with the Lightspeed Edition. We’re super proud of what came out of this labour and are extremely excited to see the Halcyon 6 community jump in!” said Ken Seto, CEO of Massive Damage
Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features as follows:
- Streamlined Campaign greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
- Streamlined All Systems for faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
- New Officer Progression System with 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
- New Ship Loadout and Config screen will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
- New Difficulty Mode called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Enhanced Combat includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
- New UI Overhaul designed for greater readability and usability. Many quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.