Today, with over two weeks to go, SEMISOFT‘s Kickstarter for Legrand Legacy has hit the 35% mark – exceeding £30,000 in funds raised so far. The team are now putting out a call to arms to lovers of JRPGs all over the world, to play the extensive 2-3hr long Prologue Chapter and pledge on the campaign to help bring this game from fantasy to reality.
“We’ve done incredibly well so far, but we still have a long way to go. We’re calling out to fans of Suikoden, Legend of Dragon, Final Fantasy and other classic JRPGs. We need your support!” said Henry William Winata, lead game designer at SEMISOFT. “Please play our pre-alpha Prologue Chapter, we believe that the Prologue Chapter of Legrand Legacy will deliver an experience akin to those classic titles and show you that JRPGs are here to stay! We want to set a standard of which players will find truly memorable. Support Legrand Legacy on Kickstarter, show your support for not only indie developers, but also for the genre of JRPG!”
Kickstarter – http://www.legrandlegacy.com/kickstarter
YouTube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyx2awEfqjofEDurH-WaAxw
Steam – http://store.steampowered.com/app/556740
About the game
Legrand Legacy is a tactical turn-based JRPG that takes you on a journey through a chaotic world that’s torn apart by civil war and threatened by an otherworldly invasion. You play as Finn, the reluctant leader of a band of unlikely heroes, who soon discovers that the true peril to their universe lies within themselves. The game combines beautiful hand drawn backgrounds with highly detailed character models and environmental effects, to deeply immerse players in the world of Legrand.
- A fully immersive experience with detailed universe designs, live 2D, and a rich storyline.
- 2.5D visuals – 3D models and original assets with stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds.
- Stunning in-game 3D cinematics.
- Turn-based combat with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo) that will test strategy and keep players on their toes.
- Put a war general hat on and deploy troops to wars.
- Recruit Non Player Characters (NPCs) to revamp your Headquarters.
- Take on rewarding side quests to find the ultimate loot for your characters.
- Customize items and grimoire that characters can wield, set combat formation, or review the journal to track quests.
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for quick cash.
- Expected playtime is more than 30 hours.