It’s a minor update so i didn’t push this one out ahead of time, but we have a few items including a new costume to show (futuristic armor), an update on the Character Creator – changes and additions made based on feedback from our successful Alpha Test.
Improvements to the Character Creator Tool (CCT) include:
- Team is working on fixing all of the identified bugs.
- We’re going to adjust the way the CCT operates to give more camera views, and more close-ups for greater usability and customization.
- Since the Alpha ended, we have created and are now benefitting from a new process to make costumes, so we’ll be able to produce more costume pieces than previously anticipated before the Beta.
- By popular request, we will add a slider for height, and expand the range for the waist width. Some sliders that don’t create large effects will be eliminated.
- We plan to re-vamp all of the hair models to increase the number of colors and shapes available, but there is no easy way to do hair well in UE4. We have ideas, but this aspect is likely going to take a while to sort out.
- We’re going to expand the adjustability of the skin in several ways. There will certainly be more color options, and possibly some texture changes as well. This will allow for a wider range of human skin tones and a variety of non-human effects, for alien and extra dimensional origin heroes.
- We’re looking at allowing players to add symbols to the costume to customize them further, but this is a lower priority than things like bug fixes and improved hair design.
- We’ll be adding more items like eye types to the current selection
As a fun little bonus.. we are also showing more samples from the CCT Alphas (more characters created by testers) https://www.shipofheroes.com/