SPYR TO BRING CROSS-PLATFORM POCKET STARSHIPS: STAR TREK™ BORG INVASION TO MOBILE DEVICES AND WEB BROWSERS
New Expansion to Popular MMO Space Combat Game Pocket Starships Lets Players Fight the Borg with New Ships, Equipment and Characters from the Star Trek™ Franchise and Engage in Arena-style PvP Fights in a League System
SPYR, INC. (OTC Pink: SPYR), a holding company with a wholly owned subsidiary in the mobile game and app development and publishing industry, today announced that Pocket Starships: STAR TREK™ Borg Invasion will be coming this fall to iOS, Android and Kindle mobile devices, as well as web browsers – with full cross-platform play support. Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion is an expansion to fan-favorite Pocket Starships, the popular free-to-play Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) space combat game, that integrates content from three Star Trek™ television series.
The integration of Star Trek into Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion is the result of the previously announced licensing deal under CBS Consumer Products for the use of content from the hugely popular television series Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager. When the Pocket Starships and Star Trek universes collide in this expansion, players will be able to explore new sectors of the universe, engage in vicious battles, and staff their ships with their favorite Star Trek characters from the franchise through a trading card system.
Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion is a true cross-platform game, so players can enjoy all new Star Trek content with their friends and fellow Trekkies regardless if they are using a mobile device or a web browser – all at the same time. Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion blends fast-paced massively multiplayer space combat with an easy-to-use crafting system for building ships and advanced equipment like boosters, robots or weapons. Defeating the hive-minded Borg is just the first step – the ultimate goal is to dominate the entire galaxy!
“Star Trek is one of the most culturally significant science fiction franchises of all time and its popularity is indisputable,” said Mike Turner, VP of Strategic Partnerships at SPYR. “We’re thrilled to introduce long-time fans of Star Trek around the world to Pocket Starships with Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion. The combination of Pocket Starships’ real-time, cross-platform MMO gameplay with the Star Trek brand will deliver a truly unique and exciting gaming experience.”
- Real-Time Multiplayer Synchronous Gameplay: Create or join a group in your chosen faction and develop a strategy with friends via the alliance live chat system to refine your combat tactics and take down the enemy.
- Fight for Domination: Flight alongside or against thousands of players from around the world to obtain and maintain dominance throughout the galaxy!
- PvP Action: Engage in arena-style battles in a league system with 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 matches.
- Play Anywhere: True cross-platform technology allows you to play with your friends simultaneously across iOS, Android and Kindle devices or web browsers. Join your friends in galactic battles wherever you go and with whatever device you prefer.
- Crafting and Upgrading: Unique and complex crafting system allows you to build and upgrade almost anything. Produce and upgrade your own space ships, weapons, ammunition and much more.
- Quest System: Interact with unique NPCs and explore the unknown universe. Complete NPC quests to advance your rank and reap the spoils of battle while leaving your mark on the galaxy.
- New Star Trek Content: Live long and prosper by exploring new sectors of the universe with new ships and characters from the Star Trek franchise.
For more information about Pocket Starships: STAR TREK Borg Invasion, please visit http://www.pocketstarships.com.