PREORDERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE STARTING OCTOBER 12TH, 2017
Today, Ubisoft® announced that Steep™ Road to the Olympics, an expansion to the open world action-sports game Steep (launched in December 2016) and an Official licensed product of the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018, integrates a variety of professional athletes from all around the world into the in-game story mode. Available on December 5th, 2017 on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system (including enhanced features on PS4 Pro), Xbox One (including enhanced features on Xbox One X) and Windows PC, Steep™ Winter Games Edition will include the Steep™ base game and Steep™ Road to the Olympics expansion, and are now available for pre-order.
In Steep™ Road to the Olympics story mode, players will experience the journey of a young athlete training in three freestyle events (Big Air, Half Pipe and Slopestyle) to reach the Olympic Winter Games, and be the first athlete ever to win gold in 3 freestyle disciplines. The competition takes place in the unique South Korean mountains, where the Olympic Winter Games PyeongChang 2018 are being held, this coming February. Players will also be able to explore the mountains of Japan, carving through unique powder and exceptional environments.
Before each challenge, players will be treated to training tips and insights from Olympians on the variety of Steep™ Road to the Olympics events, track designs and the competition itself. Video testimonials from 10 legends and rising stars will be integrated in-game:
- Lindsey Vonn, American Alpine Skiier, who has won numerous competitions, including a gold medal in the downhill event at the Olympic Winter Games 2010
- Kevin Rolland, French freestyle skier and progressive risk taker, who won an Olympic bronze medal in the halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Sage Kotsenburg, American snowboarder, who won the first-ever Olympic gold medal in men’s snowboard slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Ayumu Hirano, Japanese competitive snowboarder, who won an Olympic silver medal in the halfpipe 2014 Olympics
- Alexis Pinturault, a French alpine ski racerand Olympic medalist in 2014 for Giant Slalom
- Tessa Worley, a French competitor of all five alpine disciplines and specialist of Giant Slalom
- The Australian snowboarder Scotty James, a 2x world Halfpipe champion and 2017 Superpipe champion
- Gus Kenworthy, a American freestyle skier, who won the silver medal in Ski Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014
- Young American snowboarder and 2017 Slopestyle snowboarding champion, Julia Marino
- Bode Miller, an Olympicgold medalist and the most decorated male American alpine ski racer of all time
The expansion will feature fresh Alpine Skiing, Snowboard and Freestyle Skiing events, including Giant Slalom, Slalom, Super-G, Downhill, Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe, Snowboard Cross, Slopestyle, Ski Halfpipe, Ski Cross and Ski Slopestyle.
With development led by Ubisoft Annecy*, Steep – the open world action sports game featuring ski, snowboard, paraglide, wingsuit, rocket wingsuit, sled, base jump and speed riding – is designed for a culture that’s all about sharing experiences with the world. Steep features seamless multiplayer, populating the world with players as they explore the Alps and Alaska. Players and friends across the globe can take on challenges together, or compete with each other to snag the top spot on the leaderboards. The game’s replay feature expands this experience, allowing players to relive their wildest tricks and memorable lines and even share them as videos on social media. It doesn’t stop there, as challenges can be created from any line to compete with friends and achieve the best time or score based on customisable factors, such as completing tricks to score. Players can also participate in several competitive live programs such as the monthly Steep World Tour, where players take on specific challenges to qualify in tournaments and have a chance to win exclusive rewards.
For more information about Steep, please visit steepgame.com and follow us at facebook.com/SteepGame and twitter.com/Steep_Game.