Steve Jackson Games and Auroch Digital are proud to announce the release date for Ogre – the digital adaptation of the award-winning board game, designed by legendary designer Steve Jackson (Munchkin, Zombie Dice, Car Wars). Ogre comes to Steam as part of the tabletop game’s 40th anniversary celebrations.
What Is Ogre?
Ogre is a turn-based strategy game of mechanized warfare, requiring tactical decision-making and strategic thinking. It’s the official video game adaptation of the Ogre tabletop wargame from Steve Jackson Games, developed by Auroch Digital.
Set in the near future, hovercraft, tanks, infantry, and giant cybernetic tanks called Ogres take part in a seemingly endless world war. You take command and vie for supremacy on the irradiated battlefields of The Last War.
- Meticulously Crafted Adaptation of the Original Game: Ogre veterans will instantly be at home with this adaptation, while new players will find a deeply rewarding, turn-based strategy game.
- Time-Tested, Compelling Gameplay: The Ogre tabletop game has withstood the test of time and captivated gamers for over forty years – this is the definitive digital edition.
- Loads of Units and Factions to Choose From: Build out your faction with Light, Heavy, Superheavy, and Missile Tanks, G.E.V.s, Infantry, Marines, Howitzers, and Ogres (Mark I – Mark VI), while utilizing Trains and Command Posts as you see fit. Choose to play as either the North American Combine or the Paneuropean Federation.
- Varied Maps Offer Strategic Decisions: Roll through many terrain types, across bodies of water, and make use of defensive areas to shield your units from attack.
- Play Again and Again: Multiple game modes (including single player and multiplayer) plus achievements provide hundreds of hours of entertainment.
- Tutorial: Completely new to the world of Ogre? Learn to play with our in-depth tutorial.
- Campaign: Engage in brand-new missions created in partnership with Steve Jackson Games.
- Single Player Skirmish: Set up a custom game of Ogre and fight against devious AI opponents.
- Multiplayer: Test your skill against other players with online turn-based multiplayer gameplay with ranking and matchmaking, plus local “hotseat” multiplayer.
About Steve Jackson Games
Steve Jackson Games publishes Ogre, Illuminati, Munchkin, Zombie Dice, Chez Geek, and a lot of other board and card games. Its big upcoming project is Car Wars on Kickstarter. Follow us on twitter.com/sjgames, like us on facebook.com/sjgames, visit us on instagram.com/stevejacksongames, and check out our game forums at forums.sjgames.com
About Auroch Digital
Auroch Digital is the acclaimed Bristol-based games studio founded by veteran game designer Dr. Tomas Rawlings. For more information, visit aurochdigital.com, follow on twitter.com/AurochDigital, and like us on facebook.com/AurochDigital