Nkidu Games Inc with Two PM Studios has partnered up with CheckPoint, a not-for-profit organization which connects mental health resources with video games and technology. When you purchase The Thin Silence, 10 cents will be donated to the charity, in a mission to raise awareness on mental health issues.
More information about CheckPoint head to their website – https://checkpoint.org.au/.
“When we started making The Thin Silence, we didn’t know we were making a game about mental health. I wasn’t really comfortable with that being a leading theme of the game for a lot of development. There’s a lot of shame and fear about opening up about these things, video games are “fun” after all. Seeing Checkpoint’s work is part of what made me feel like we could and should make a statement and share our perspectives.” – Ben Follington, Technical Director
EXPERIENCE THE STORY
- Enjoy 5 hours of unique and varied challenges driven by a fresh item-vs-environment interaction mechanic.
- Experience breathtaking vistas and quiet contemplation.
- Featuring a moving original score by LightFrequency.
- Over 40 unique in-game documents.
- Mostly believable hacking sequences.
The Thin Silence will be available for purchase on April 18, 2018 on Steam, Itch and Humble in Early Access.