The beginning of a new year is always followed by joy, merriment and excitement. For most avid gamers, excitement comes in the form of spanking new releases from the different gaming companies all around the world.
Whether it be a brand new creation or a new installment to a series, this is a very excitable period for gamers the world over. This article is about the best games that have been released this year and some others that will be released later in the year. Games which have left and will leave players glued to their television sets, encompassing as stated before brand new games and new installments of well-known franchises. This article is going to chronicle it all.
Here we go:
1. Dragon Ball FighterZ: From the stables of Arc System Works, the same guys that created Guilty Gears comes Dragon Ball Fighter Z. Released 26, January 2018, it is a dragon ball video game that is worth its weight in gold.
Players get to choose three characters which will make up their team. In the course of the game, they can interchange between whatever characters they choose to control. To gain victory, all three members of any opposing team must be completely vanquished. Other game play features include usage of the auto-combo system i.e. tapping one button to activate a pre-set combo move.
It contains a campaign section split into three parts with tutorials and training modes for first timers.
2. Shadow of the Colossus: A reboot of the PlayStation 2 version, Shadow of the Colossus is back on PS 4. Developed by Team ICO, the game is played around the character “Wander”. The character is given a task of killing sixteen colossi resident in an abandoned ruins. The general aim of the killings is to resurrect a girl called “Mono” who has been sacrificially killed.
The game encompasses better graphics than its predecessors and has been a massive hit in 2018.
3. Far Cry 5: TRUST. PRAY. OBEY. The tagline for the magnificence that is Far Cry 5. Developed by the team over at Ubisoft, Far Cry 5 moves away from the features which were already becoming mundane in previous installments of the game. It is a first shooter game with both customizable characters and vehicles i.e. characters and vehicles can now be built from almost scratch, adding whatever features players want.
Progress in the game is attained by collecting “Resistance Points”, also by destroying members of the cult and their belongings. This game has made a big splash in 2018 and it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down.
4. Red Dead Redemption 2: This is a yet to be released game slated for release on the 26th of October 2018. Created by the makers of the Grand Theft Auto franchise, Rockstar Games, there has been a clamour for it since the release of its first installment “Red Dead Redemption”. It is a western themed action-adventure game in which gamers play as Character Arthur Morgan, an Outlaw. With spanking new features, this game promises to be a banger in 2018.
5. Developed by SIE Santa Monica Studio, God of War (also known as God of War IV) is the latest installment in the God of War game series, it is the eight installment in the history of the franchise. It will be based on Norse mythology which will see Kratos helping his son in the journey to adulthood alongside fighting the various enemies encompassed in the game. Slated for release on the 20th of April 2018, this game is one we can’t wait to get our hands on.
There you have it! There are games which have not made this list because we decided to keep it short and simple like the list you can find on scr888 and other top gaming sites. One thing we are quite certain of is that 2018 is definitely the year of Spectacularly Magnificent games.