Today, just five days from the Xbox: Game On briefing at E3, we are excited to announce that more than 45 new entertainment app experiences are coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 globally. Some of the most popular experiences such as an optimized-for-TV Twitter integration, Vine, HBO GO, ShowTime Anytime, Comedy Central, Major League Gaming (MLG), and more are scheduled to launch by the end of this holiday season. With these new additions, our catalog will increase by 25%, bringing it to more than 225 apps around the world.
From day one, a core pillar in our vision for Xbox One has been to offer gamers the ability to play blockbuster games and seamlessly switch to the TV shows, movies, and apps they love. With more than 180 apps and entertainment experiences available across Xbox One and Xbox 360 today, entertainment usage on Xbox Live has continually skyrocketed.
“Xbox fans are spending more time than ever on the console, spending more than five hours a day on Xbox One,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President, Devices and Studios at Microsoft. “Today as we announce new commitments from dozens of our partners, including deep integration with experiences like Twitter and Vine, we hit an important milestone in our journey to deliver unique experiences on Xbox. We’re thrilled to break new ground in social TV experiences like we’re doing with Twitter on Xbox One.”
Watch with Twitter on Xbox One
Twitter will be directly integrated into Xbox One’s TV experience in the U.S. Twitter will be optimized for the biggest screen in your house in a smart, contextual way – offering the ability to see Tweets related to the cable or satellite TV shows you’re watching as they’re happening. Additionally, the Twitter experience on Xbox One will be integrated into the TV listings section of OneGuide where you will be able to see the shows that people are tweeting about in real-time. These shows will also be highlighted in a new “trending” section within OneGuide so you know what’s popular right then and there. A commercial break turns into a quick and easy opportunity to see what other viewers are tweeting about without pulling out your phone, swiping at a tablet, or taking your attention away from your TV.
“People turn to Twitter every day to enjoy and engage in the real-time conversations about their favorite TV shows,” says Jana Messerschmidt, VP Business Development and Platform at Twitter. “We’re enhancing that experience on the Xbox One with a unique Watch with Twitter integration. It will now be easier to discover what shows are trending in real-time on Twitter, tune-in and follow the conversation right from within the Xbox One interface. We are excited to work with the Xbox One team and continue to deliver unique entertainment experiences.”
More Great Partners Come to Xbox
Twitter integration is just one example of how we’re expanding the world of entertainment on Xbox this year.
Following the success of the MLG app for Xbox 360 as the first MLG app for the big screen, the global leader in eSports is slated to release the MLG app for Xbox One in the coming weeks. Anyone on Xbox Live will be able to watch all of MLG.tv’s professionally-produced, premium, competitive gaming content such as the MLG news show “eSports Report” and premier competitions. You can check out the world’s best players, teams and leagues, and tournaments as they’re broadcast live to the MLG app including upcoming events: the MLG X Games Invitational live from the X Games in Austin, Texas, from June 6-8 and the MLG Championship live from Anaheim, CA, from June 20-22.
Vine is also coming to Xbox One in the U.S., bringing one of the world’s most used video-sharing apps alongside your favorite gaming experiences. With Vine on Xbox One, you can lean back and watch your favorite short, looping videos and browse Vine channels on the big screen.
With these new partners, Xbox will add to the most robust entertainment experiences available on a console. And yesterday, our new Xbox One system update started rolling out worldwide, including recently announced updates to Xbox Live, giving anyone with an Xbox access to all entertainment experiences and apps.
For a full list of the apps coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One,* see below. And tune in next Monday, June 9 for the Xbox E3 Briefing where we’ll show everything from in-depth looks at highly anticipated games to blazing hot trailers of brand new titles launching this year and beyond. Game on!
New app experiences coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 include:
- Antena 3. Xbox One: ES
- ChiliTV. Xbox One: IT
- Comedy Central. Xbox One: US
- Crunchyroll. Xbox One: AU, AT, BR, CA, DE, ES, FR, IE, IT, MX, NZ, UK, US
- ENCORE Play. Xbox One: US
- EPIX. Xbox One: US
- Filmbox Live. Xbox 360: AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DK, FI, FR, DE, GR, HK, HU, IN, IE, IL, IT, JP, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, RU, SA, SG, SK, ZA, KR, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, AE, UK, US
- Fox Play. Xbox One: MX, BR. Xbox 360: MX, BR, AR, CO, CH
- Frightflix. Xbox One: US
- FXNOW. Xbox 360: US
- Gol TV. Xbox One: ES
- GoPro. Xbox One: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, AU, BR, AT, NZ, IR
- HBO GO. Xbox One: US: Xbox 360: MX, BR, AR, CO, CH
- iHeartRadio. Xbox One: US
- Infinity. Xbox One: IT
- IVI. Xbox 360: RU
- KDrama. Xbox One: AU, AT, BR, CA, DE, ES, FR, IE, IT, MX, NZ, UK, US. Xbox 360: AR, AU, AT, BE, BR, CA, CL, CO, CZ, DK, FI, FR, DE, GR, HK, HU, IN, IE, IL, IT, MX, NL, NZ, NO, PL, PT, RU, SA, SG, SK, ZA, ES, SE, CH, TW, TR, AE, UK, US
- maxdome. Xbox One: AT, DE
- MLG. Xbox One: US, UK, CA, AU
- MOVIEPLEX Play. Xbox One: US
- MTV. Xbox One: US
- NBA. Xbox One: AT, AU, BR, CA, FR, DE, IE, IT, MX, ES, NZ, UK, US
- NHL. Xbox One: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, AU, BR, AT, NZ, IR. Xbox 360: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, JP, AU, BR, NL, SE, RU, TW, PL, IN, HK, TR, BE, AT, NZ, SA, AR, NO, CH, SG, ZA, IR, DK, CO, CL, FI, CZ, HU, IL, GR, PT, SK
- Now TV. Xbox One: UK
- Picturebox. Xbox 360: UK
- Popcornflix. Xbox One: US
- ShowTime Anytime. Xbox 360: US
- Sky News. Xbox One: UK, IE, US, CA. Xbox 360: UK, IE, US, CA
- Sky Online. Xbox One: IT
- STARZ Play. Xbox One: US
- STV. Xbox 360: UK
- Syfy Now. Xbox One: US
- Target Ticket. Xbox One: US
- TuneIn. Xbox One: US, CA, MX, UK, FR, DE, IT, ES, AU, BR, AT, NZ, IR
- TV2. Xbox 360: DK
- Twitter. Xbox One: US
- USA Now. Xbox One: US
- VEO. Xbox One: MX. Xbox 360: MX
- Vevo. Xbox One: CA, US, AU, FR, DE, IR, BR,ES, IT, UK, NZ
- VH1. Xbox One: US
- Vine. Xbox One: US
- WATCH ABC. Xbox 360: US
- WATCH Disney Channel. Xbox 360: US
- WATCH Disney Junior. Xbox 360: US
- WATCH Disney XD. Xbox 360: US
- Watchever. Xbox One: DE