Sequel Gamebook App Targets RPG Tabletop Gamers With Innovative Storytelling And Revamped Game Engine
Indie developer Liber Primus Games today announced that the follow up to its debut gamebook app Narborion Saga is out now for free on Amazon Kindle and Android on Google Play and will be available soon on the App Store for iPhone, iPad, iTouch. Narborion Saga Book II: The God of Orcs revolutionises imaginative storytelling and merges traditional tabletop gaming with a digital gamebook RPG to deliver an immersive fantasy world experience.
Narborion Saga Book II: The God of Orcs fulfills players’ desire for more personalisation of the story and allows its readers to upload an image of their favourite tabletop miniature and turn it into a character in the game. The God of Orcs continues to follow the epic journey of the main hero who must stop the war in the dawn of a new god of orcs. Decisions made by the reader dictate how the story develops, as he negotiates different challenges, side quests and arena battles. This deeply engaging fantasy story will immerse Narborion Saga fans as well as new players. With the help from its dedicated community, Liber Primus Games has polished gameplay mechanics and taken narrative storytelling to new heights, making the experience accessible not only for true fans of this genre but a new generation as well.
“With book 2 in the Narborion series, The God of Orcs we wanted to introduce a feature that would accommodate traditional table top RPG Fantasy players and RPG fans into the digital app,” said co-writer Dr Tom Pollak. “An overhauled combat system and the ability for fans to upload an image of their favorite painted Dungeons & Dragons figurine to use in the gamebook was an innovation we felt the series would benefit from”.
Taking tabletop roleplaying to the mobile
The God of Orcs incorporates SagaScribe, a newly developed gamebook engine that allows the developer to improve players’ experience making it truly personal. New features include:
- Battles with 10+ enemies at once compared to only 3 in Book I
- Bookmarking system that allow players to save their progress
- Travelling between chapters options that gives players a chance to read the story without having to wait long periods of time
- Narrated Arena battles with 90% discounted items to hone combat skills in short battles separate from the main story
- Upload your figurine option for all players to integrate an image of their 3D painted figurines
- Side quests, dynamic storytelling and mini games for the reader to participate in
- Players who purchase Unlock All feature will get a 40% discount to all IAP as well as other bonuses and upgraded features
- New monthly content with bonus chapters
- Buy additional weapons, spells and assets to accomplish your adventure via Narborion II’s overhauled in app purchasing system.
- Enhanced character development system based on learning points that can be used to upgrade character’s abilities and learn new spells. A brand new ability – Speed will determine how many actions players can do in a combat round.
- The option to import Book I character and customize it using Fame Points already gained in the game.
- To discover more about the Narborion Saga series of game books click here: www.narborion.com
- Download Narborion Saga Book II: The God of Orcs on Android devices here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liberprimus.narborion2
- Download Narborion Saga Book II: The God of Orcs on Amazon Kindle here: http://www.amazon.com/Narborion-Saga-Book-II-Orcs/dp/B00UZIJD8W
- Narborion Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/narborion
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/NarborionSaga