Leonardo DiCaprio and Alejandro G. Inarritu secure the most buzz ahead of the awards
The biggest night in the film calendar is almost upon us, with the biggest names in Hollywood ready to descend upon The Dolby Theatre this weekend for the 88th Academy Awards.
Ahead of Sunday’s ceremony, Way To Blue have taken a look at social buzz to see which films, directors and actors are currently leading the way in online conversation, and which film is coming out on top for the fans.
Full findings can be found in the infographic attached and below, but here are the top line stats:
- The Revenant is striding ahead in terms of both volume of buzz for Best Picture as well as Intent to Win, with 17,242 mentions globally, with 4,803 of those saying it should win
- Leonardo DiCaprio has racked up more mentions than his combined rivals for Best Actor, standing at 49,233 mentions!
- The Buzz for Best Actress is a lot closer, with Brie Larson securing 3,347 mentions just ahead of Cate Blanchett’s 2,641.
- Sylvester Stallone and Kate Winslet are both leading the way for Supporting Actor and Actress mentions, with 2,916 and 2,664 mentions, respectively
- Reflecting the Best Picture category buzz is director, Alejandro G. Inarritu who, at 2,435 mentions, has secured nearly double that of his closest rival, George Miller for Mad Max: Fury Road, at 1,403 mentions