Development of this game was made possible thanks to the $67,444 received from 2,331 backers on Kickstarter.
“Exoplanet: First Contact” is a survival singleplayer, story-driven third person action RPG set in a Space Western universe. Here, real and fictional technologies meet the cruel and unforgiving, yet romantic reality of the Wild West. You are Jack Sharp, a daring adventurer, stranded on a dangerous, wild planet known as K’Tharsis. In this hellhole of a world, the local population of both human colonists and native aborigines are oppressed by the soulless Terraform corporation who uses slaves to mine a valuable mineral known as Antigravium. The player can choose either side, a mercenary working for the corporation or as an ally with the oppressed population of K’Tharsis.
Exoplanet Update #1:
Here is the list of some of the most noteworthy changes:
- Whole new starting area, with weaker mobs, its own loot and a user-friendly tutorial
- Different hats can be used now
- You can now mine antigravium!
- New item pickup system
- New stat-boosting item
- You now have to hold E for 3 seconds to release bug control
- Remote controlling bugs now require crafting a bug with a neurochip
- Alien cactus bat now applies a poison effect on hit
- New trade interface
- Completely reworked focus system
- Mouse support for dialog ui
- New notification system
- Msasi now gives a new quest Little Helpers
- New dialogs for Vorga, Kwagga and Old Mug
- Some NPCs now teach mining
- New trader
- Updated all trade inventories and whitelists
- Breaking scanner won’t kill player in case of very low hp
- Vountless bugfixes and additions
- Jack now leaves resting state and stops waiting upon being hit
- Those engaged in a dialog now look at each other
Better start a new game. We don’t recommend loading an old save.