Experience “Homecoming,” the opening cinematic story missions
Complete the “Inverted Spire” three-player cooperative Strike
Face-off against other players in two competitive modes
Both PVP Modes use the new 4v4 team format:
- Countdown (paired with Midtown):
- A new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Control (paired with Endless Vale):
- A newly refined take on the competitive mode Control, where players must capture and defend zones to earn points while defeating their opponents to gain additional points. If all zones are captured, players will receive a power play to gain additional points per kill.
Battle your way across two new PVP new maps
- Midtown is set within a curiously abandoned sector of the last safe city on Earth. Lord Shaxx has selected it as a training ground for dangerous live fire exercises using captured Cabal ordinance.
- Endless Vale
- Endless Vale takes place on the new world, Nessus, a planetoid featuring soaring vistas, beautiful alien vegetation, and the hallmarks of the Vex effort to transform the planet into one of their machine worlds.
Subclasses feature a full complement of unique abilities, movement modes, and grenades to choose from. They each also feature one of two primary abilities.
- Dawnblade and Voidwalker
- Sentinel and Striker
- Arcstrider and Gunslinger
Weapons and Armor
The Destiny 2 beta will feature more than twenty weapons for players to equip, including three Exotics: Sweet Business, Sunshot, and Risk Runner. Three armor sets are available for each class, for a total of nine complete sets and forty-five individual pieces.
The Beta features dancing and the versatile social interactions, wave, sit, and point.