Romanian developers present at Gamescom for the first time with an official country pavilion
Go visit their stands hall 10.1 Aisle D No 061(entertainment area) and Hall 4.1, F-013 (business area)
A sign of the local industry getting stronger and actively engaging into gaining more visibility at an international level, Romanian game developers join Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, united in a country pavilion for the first time. An important regional hub for game development, Romania boasts over 6000 employees working in the games industry and promises a striking rise in the number of studios and games created in the country.
Nine Romanian developers will present their products and services to the international gamedev community and will showcase over 10 games to the general public at Gamescom this year. In the entertainment area Romanian games will be showcased in hall 10.1 Aisle D No 061 and the Romanian business pavilion can be found in Hall 4.1, F-013.
Full list of Romanian companies present at Gamescom:
- Killhouse Studios, releasing at Gamescom the sequel to their successful tactical strategy game Door Kickers (entertainment area)
- Rikodu, introducing Second Hand: Frankie’s Revenge, a fast-paced cooperative multiplayer game, releasing in 2018 (entertainment area)
- Holotech Studios, presenting its real-time facial animation platform, FaceRig (entertainment area)
- White Pond Games, introducing Urban Strife, a tactical turn-based game which will be released in 2018 (entertainment area)
- Carbon Incubator, a games incubator for Eastern Europe, showcasing several titles, including: Gray Dawn – a horror-adventure game for the PC releasing in Q1 2018; Marble Land – a VR puzzle game releasing in Q4 2018; Rumble League – a competitive mobile strategy game, releasing in 2018) (entertainment area)
- Angry Mob Games, showcasing their multiplayer fighting game, Brawlout. (entertainment area)
- Critique Gaming, presenting its “noir” narrative investigation game, Interrogation (business area)
- Alien Pixel, presenting Unbound, a 2D puzzle platformer game (business area)
- Amber, offering premium creative and development services for gaming industry clients (business area)
The Romanian presence at Gamescom 2017 was organised with the support of the Romanian Ministry of Commerce and Entrepreneurship and was coordinated by the Romanian Game Developers Association.