2K and Hangar 13 today revealed the complete soundtrack of more than 100 quintessential 1960s tracks for Mafia III, the next installment in the popular organised crime game series launching on October 7, 2016 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC.
“Mafia III will treat players to an incredible soundtrack of more than 100 licensed songs from an iconic era in music,” said Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “I’m confident that the rich canvas of nostalgic artists and songs that defined the 1960s will further connect players to the immersive open world of 1968 New Bordeaux.”
Mafia III is set in the open world of 1968 New Bordeaux, a reimagined version of New Orleans bustling with activity and complete with era-inspired cars, fashion and an eclectic mix of music from the period. Players will enjoy over 100 tracks from some of the most memorable years in music, including:
· The Rolling Stones: “Paint it, Black,” “Sympathy for the Devil” and more;
· Creedence Clearwater Revival: “Bad Moon Rising,” “Fortunate Son” and more;
· Sam and Dave: “Soul Man” and “Hold on, I’m Comin’”;
· Steppenwolf: “Born To Be Wild” and ”Desperation”;
· Aretha Franklin: “Respect” and ”Chain of Fools”;
· Jefferson Airplane: “Somebody To Love” and “White Rabbit”;
· Sam Cooke: “Wonderful World,” “Bring it on Home to Me” and more;
· The Temptations: “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” and ”I Wish It Would Rain”;
· Cream: “White Room”;
· Johnny Cash: “Ring Of Fire” and “Folsom Prison Blues (Live)”;
· The Beach Boys: “Help Me, Rhonda” and “Wouldn’t it be Nice”.
“The 1960s marked some of the best years for artistic expression. From rhythm and blues to the transformative progression of rock and roll, it is critical for us to represent this era accurately and authentically in Mafia III,” said Haden Blackman, studio head and creative director at Hangar 13. “This soundtrack immerses players into a golden age of music that includes some of the greatest and most beloved artists and music of all time.”
In addition to this highly compelling curated soundtrack, Mafia III also tapped two of the gaming industry’s greatest composers, Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, who composed an original score that will be featured during gunfights, cut scenes and other in-game moments. The Mafia III Original Game Score features 26 songs from the game, and will be available for digital purchase from participating online retailers soon.
Mafia III will be available October 7, 2016 for PS4™ system, Xbox One and Windows PC.