New Update also available tomorrow, includes Steam Big Picture
A year after entering Steam’s Early Access program, space sim/ RPG favourite Starpoint Gemini 2 is nearing completion. To mark this, a new cinematic trailer has been released today, featuring a spectacular raid in deep space.
Developer Little Green Men Games will also push another big update for the game on Friday 12 September, which includes the Steam Big Picture feature. With full controller support, Big Picture mode will let gamers kick back and enjoy the game on the biggest screen in house.
Other update highlights include:
- ADDED: Full controller support making the game fully playable in Steam Big Picture mode
- UPDATE: Based on feedback, drop rate of blueprints is increased in all instances
- UPDATED: Nebulas optimized some more. More specifically, when inside a nebula, other nebulas are not rendered
- ADDED: Artefacts can now be collected from special structures scattered around Gemini
- ADDED: Another optimization pass focused mostly on sector-to-sector streaming
- ADDED: Music now changes to combat music when fighting ensues
- ADDED: Twin suns now shine over Gemini from its center (will be further graphically improved)
Starpoint Gemini 2 is currently in Beta Stage on Steam’s Early Access program and available here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/236150