In most games, whether MMO or RPG, the tavern is commonplace. Also commonplace is how very little in-game functionality they have. Ashes of Creation intends to change that. The Tavern is becoming a key focal point of our community interaction. It should be more than just another place to get ‘rest XP’ when you log out.
Take a look at the detail going into the taverns of Verra via the brand new blog post we just published. In it, we detail the many ways in which you can expect the humble tavern to make your experience in Ashes of Creation deeper and more meaningful.
- Rested experience (of course!)
- Customization by the owner of the building
- Varying music
- Bulletin boards with player-run quests
- Place and take bounties on corrupted players
- Battle maps with combat benefits for parties to strategize
- Tavern games to earn (or lose) extra gold
- Tables that serve as group finders for content
- Information about what’s happening in the world filters through the tavern
And all of this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how taverns and social buildings in Ashes of Creation will foster community and interactivity with the game world like you’ve never seen before.
We’re hosting a 24-hour Extra Life fund-raising stream beginning Saturday, November 4th at 9am PDT (and continuing through November 5th at 9am PDT). Those who participate with a donation to Extra
For more information, be sure to check out the official forums.
Now, if you’ll excuse us, there’s ale that needs to be drank and kobolds that need to be slain…