Tecmo Koei Europe announced today the upcoming release of Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, available through retailers across Europe on 20th June 2014. This title is also being developed for a digital only release on the PlayStation®Vita handheld system, and it will be available through the PlayStation®Store on the same day.
The popular alchemic RPG franchise from Gust carries on the tradition of the Atelier series, using alchemy as the main focal point. Atelier Rorona Plus focuses on the exploits of Rorolina Frixell, one the most beloved characters of the Arland trilogy (Ateliers Meruru/ Totori/ Rorona), a young girl who is assigned to complete alchemy tasks over 3 years in order to keep her alchemy workshop and not be banished from the kingdom of Arland.
Players can craft new items and also battle enemies using the power of alchemy. As all games in the Atelier series, this title is set against a stunning anime-like background with beautiful 3D graphics and is characterised by an elaborate crafting and synthesis system.
At the behest of a wide number of fans, Atelier Rorona Plus features a completely redone 3D character model for Rorona, but the improvements don’t stop there as the game itself has been significantly enhanced: the item synthesis & crafting system has been redesigned for better playability, while there will be additional chapters and playable characters previously unavailable throughout the series.
The new additions in Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist Of Arland include:
- New character models,
- New field model for more vibrant scenery,
- Additional stories- new chapters featuring Totori and Meruru (the main characters of the other two parts of the Arland trilogy), extra content and new illustrations,
- Additional Content, including various playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more
- Improved Synthesis system and new assignment system,
- Expanded Item Crafting
- New battle system with advanced battle features, skill execution between various characters etc
- A Time Capsule system that allow players to bury items in Atelier Rorona and pick them up in Atelier Meruru, and Totori (cross content with PS VITA versions of Atelier Meruru Plus and Atelier Totori Plus)
- Over 30 different Endings: Depending on how you interact with characters and complete your missions, the ending will change, making for extremely high replay value.
Cross Save/ Share data between the PS3 and PSVITA versions.