Fight for the fate of you fellow man, plunder them at will, or bring the borders of space to it’s knees in Ancient Frontier, launching September 21st on Steam
The fight for the edges of the galaxy will never be the same thanks to the newest announcement by publisher Fair Weather Studios. Touching down on September 21, Ancient Frontier promises to scratch the itch to traverse the universe’s unknown boundaries.
For seventeen years the Frontier has been at peace. Alliance colonists and miners live under the far-flung rule of Mars and the Federation, but the specter of war is rising again. Take the reigns of destiny as a key player in the story that will forever change the fate of the uncharted frontier and the people who struggle to make space’s border home. Set in the same narrative as Fair Weather’s previous title Bladestar, players will engage in galactic conflict staged in the distant frontiers of space, far from the comforts of the home core systems. Corporations actively war against each other, Raiders pillage and burn easy targets, and the Federation seeks to instill law and order in the midst of it all.
“Bladestar had six sectors you could visit and mostly focused on fighter craft piloting with a few medium sized escorts as the main boss challenges. Ancient Frontier focuses on capital ships, giving players a variety or playstyles, while still including the fighters players liked in Bladestar. We expanded both the factions and number of locations which created a creative snowball effect where you can tweak what didn’t work the first time, expand on the things that worked well, and have context on what you’re already working from when exploring new ideas.” – Christian Mosbo, Fair Weather Studios.
Ancient Frontiers will be available through Steam for Windows for $25.00
- Two complete campaigns with fully voiced dialogue
- Dynamic, combat system utilizing both initiative and turn-based combat
- Gain experience to upgrade over 35 unique ship choices
- Fleet management – choose which ships to take into battle but beware – once a ship is gone, it’s gone
- Customize your playstyle by unlocking technologies in an extensive Tech Tree
- Two major factions and three sub-factions
- Large, detailed space maps to fight across
- Resource management – scavenge for resources and spend them to upgrade and obtain new ships and upgrades
- Dozens of different weapon systems and abilities to control