PC fans took to Beholder like wildfire earlier this year and now PlayStation 4 & Xbox One owners can get in on the morally dubious action in early January!
An instant hit with Streamers when it released on Steam late 2016, Beholder has been giving the Twitch crowd morally gray choices for over a year. Publisher, Curve Digital, is now expanding the game’s dark reach to console holders when it launches on both PS4 and Xbox One in January 2018 in its Complete Edition. The base game will come with the “Blissful Sleep” DLC, to discover the events that took place to drive the protagonist, Carl, towards his fate.
Enter Carl, a loyal, government salaryman with a loving wife and two beautiful children. Moving to an upgraded living zone is a dream-come-true for Carl, who is tasked with overseeing tenant upkeep as the landlord of a state-run apartment complex. Easy, right? All he needs to do are minor repairs, ensure building security, enforce the no-pets policy, install hidden cameras, and rifle through belongings to find proof of treason! It’s all in a day’s work for those who have dedicated their lives to upholding the government’s stranglehold on their people! But what happens if Carl develops a conscience? Should owning a classical music record tantamount to a death sentence?
Take on the role of Carl and decide your own morality scale in Beholder. With procedurally generated scenarios and over ten different endings to uncover, choose to protect your family through secret machinations or selfless sacrifice. One thing is for certain: Someone is always watching.
Beholder launches on PlayStation 4 on January 16th with a 10% discount during the week of launch, and Xbox One releases shortly after that on January 19th, 2018.
- LIVE in a grim future where privacy is dead and a totalitarian State owns your life.
- SERVE the State that appointed you a manager of an apartment house.
- SPY on tenants using an arsenal of peeping, and eavesdropping techniques.
- REPORT on ideological subversion, or keep these secrets to yourself as blackmail material!
- USE authority to follow the law or CHOOSE to pursue your personal interests. Play as a loyal citizen, rebel freedom fighter, a corrupt crook out for personal gain.