Action-Packed ‘Cimmerian Space’ Preps For BETA And Kicks Off Customizable Ships Campaign
Incredible 3D Space Exploration Offered In Ambitious Browser-Based Shooter!
Indie developer F3D Ltd., Is proud to announce the kickoff of a crowdfunding campaign to expand on its ambitious browser-based 3D real-time shooter and explorer, and encourages players to join their forthcoming BETA program.
Cimmerian Space thrusts its players to the hot seat as they explore a stunning beautiful and richly detailed 3D world. In a universe set on the edge of known space, in which dark force have awoken from their slumber, players embark on their journey with nothing more than a small spaceship. From there, the universe is there for the taking, and players have the opportunity to not only trade, but also dogfight and even bounty hunt their way to success. Travel from planet-to-planet using mission-based threads and meet exotic space vixens, bounty hunters and aliens that may, or may not, help uncover the truth behind the mysterious Cimmerians…
F3D Ltd., has kicked off a crowdfunding campaign via KickStarter™ to finance the introduction of medium-sized vessels, an expansion adding a new dimension to the current feature-packed gameplay experience. The expansion introduces Turrets, Large Hard Points, and the facility to customize and tailor the appearance of ships, starting with hulls that come in a variety of sizes and roles with Corvettes, Gun Boats, Frigates, Destroyers, Aegis Defenders, and Cruisers. A fleet-kit allows players to add parts that conform to the design style of one of the games Factions, each containing dozens of parts easily positioned on the hull. The Terran Faction is planned to become available at first, featuring an austere military color scheme, followed by the Zen Dazi, a sophisticated alien race with flowing lines and ergonomic design. Rebels with a more gritty functional form and the mysterious Shrouded Triumvirate with vessels optimized for stealth will follow suit. The faction Fleet Kits are planned stretch goals for the active campaign. Once players have perfected their ship, Cimmerian Space offers an export option making it possible to generate a beautiful full-color 3D print via Shapeways.
F3D Ltd., is also announcing that the game is prepping for BETA, and that supporters of the title are encouraged to join the program for first-hand experience and opportunity to get to grip with fighter-based combat, expansions, and the fleet-kits, all tentatively scheduled for release over the course of the next six months.
- Real-time 3D space combat in your web browser! Using a WebGL game engine, content is delivered ultra-fast to browsers. The game engine includes sophisticated particle effects delivering exciting explosions and other impressive visual effects.
- Fully Customizable ships, with hundreds of weapons, shields and engines for players to select. The game starts with 16 different hulls, each with unique armor, maneuverability and stealth factors. More ships will be unveiled in future updates.
- Mission and Objective system; Travel from planet to planet and experience a wide range of missions from military objectives to Firefly style free agent contracts. Discover the universe of Cimmerian Space via the mission-based story line.
- Expansive Research Tree with 315 Research topics.
- Freemium game model: put in time or money to achieve objectives and goals.
- Social Game features encourages player interactions. Future patches will incorporate team battle-style missions for truly epic combats.
KickStarter™ Campaign Page:
(the first 1000 entries receive USD $5 worth of Gold Cuboids when joining the game!)