The action-packed 2D fighting game BLAST BRAWL 2: BLOODY BOOGALOO has been released on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview (Xbox One)!
Created by a single developer on a quest for the perfect couch co-op experience, the game’s combat and retro aesthetic are sure to make a lasting, red-tinged impression:
Xbox One trailer (Xbox Game Preview):
A mysterious portal has appeared and sucked up the Earth’s greatest warriors — transporting them to another dimension where the name of the game is “kill … or be killed!” Making it out alive won’t be easy: Combat is blazing fast, enemies are brutal — and anyone can die in a split second. Put your skills to the test in local multiplayer across four distinct levels by duking it out with more than eight friends in Versus Mode — and see if you can work as a team to defeat scores of enemies in Wave Mode!
If you’re into that new/old synth-driven sound popularized by the movie *Drive*, you’ll get a kick out of the game’s soundtrack — which features more than 40 synthwave artists — including Kalax, Flash Arnold, Dynatron, Protector 101, and more. Shuffle through artists and songs using the in-game radio and find the perfect musical accompaniment to the slaughter 🙂
To join the fight, first choose from seven possible characters — each with their own unique abilities and playstyles:
* A swift Ninja who can vanish in an instant
* A precise Sniper who can pick targets off at range and plant mines
* A tanky Vanguard equipped with a shield that blocks attacks and can create shock waves
* A trickster Pirate who can wreak havoc on an enemy’s movements and fly across the battlefield with his trusty parrot
* A rocking Viking who repels enemies with guitar riffs and leaps into combat by flipping wildly with his axe
* A bold Warrior with an electrified sword and broad swings
* A cunning Brawler with rapid strikes and equipped with a shotgun as an alternative
After picking a character, it’s time to face off against your friends in massive 8+ player matches. When you’re done trying to kill each other, tackle Wave Mode together for a nice change of pace. Don’t sit still, though! You have to be ready to deal at a moment’s notice with zombies, demons, floating skulls (that shoot fire), robots (that shoot lasers), and other cunning enemies. Quick reflexes and strategic thinking are a must if you intend to survive each round … and live to tell the tale.
Christopher Molini (sole developer; Owner, Mind’s Eye Games):
“Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo is the combination of my life’s work, passion, and — why not? — my very own soul. Whether you’re a Super Smash Bros. veteran — or you just feel like cutting off a head or two — get ready for a bloody good time!”
* Varied character roster — each with unique fighting styles and tactics.
* Fast-paced combat featuring one-hit kills and no health bars whatsoever.
* Battle with or against your friends!
* Fight against deadly hordes of enemies in Wave Mode.
* Huge library of over 20 hours of incredible music from more than 40 artists.
PRICING & AVAILABILITY
Blast Brawl 2: Bloody Boogaloo is now available on Steam Early Access (Windows/Mac) and Xbox Game Preview (Xbox One, U.S. only) for $14.99.