Square Enix Ltd., today released an all-new 101 trailer for the highly anticipated FINAL FANTASY® XV. The 101 trailer explores gameplay mechanics, characters and more – providing viewers with everything they need to know about the game before their epic journey of brotherhood, exploration and action begins on the 29th November!
As well as an overview of the game’s story, the new trailer also offers explanations of FINAL FANTASY XV’s combat system and its blend of magic spells, summons and real-time battle action, as well as in-depth introductions to Noctis and his three comrades.
In addition, details of a launch day update were also released. The Crown Update will be available to download automatically on the games release from the 29th November. The Crown Update is the result of some additional time for development since mastering the full game, and provides a variety of updates, minor bug fixes and new features to greatly enhance the overall story and gameplay experience.
The upgrade provides enhancements for several elements within the game including:
- Improvements to the camera with new options to better assist and track the action in tight spaces and to improve visibility during battles
- The addition of an ability tree for the Wait Mode function improves the strategic element of this feature
- Players can obtain the “Beast Whistle” which can be used to call monsters to battle
- New event scenes and scenes from KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV™ and the “Omen” trailer have also been added to the game to make the story and timeline of events within the FINAL FANTASY XV universe even easier to follow for newcomers
- For those who enjoy collecting items, the upgrade will also add a wider variety or recipes and fish with the addition of a gallery to keep track of culinary discoveries
- Implementation of social media support, allowing the photos Prompto takes along your journey to be uploaded to Facebook and Twitter.
Following news of copies of the game going on sale ahead of the release date Director, Hajime Tabata issued a message to fans:
The November 29th release date is approaching and I sincerely hope everyone enjoys this game with a fresh state of mind. Unfortunately, there has been an unauthorized distribution of the boxed edition of FINAL FANTASY XV in select regions and we have noticed that gameplay footage from people playing these copies has appeared online. Though this type of situation is brought on by various region specific circumstances and may not be something that is completely avoidable, we are very regretful of this situation.
One of the major goals of FINAL FANTASY XV is for everyone to enjoy the story and to discover the surprises together through the simultaneous worldwide release. Due to these recent events, videos with unexpected spoilers could potentially be posted online, so we would like to warn everyone who has been waiting in anticipation for this game.
We will also do everything in our capacity to prevent unauthorised footage from appearing online. We would also like to ask anybody that has obtained an early copy of the game to be respectful to those that are looking forward to the official release and to not spoil the surprises for everyone.
A large and dedicated team have worked extremely hard to make this game and to create a FINAL FANTASY that everyone can enjoy. It would be a huge regret for us if the excitement of the launch was to be spoiled for so many when we are so close to release.
Your understanding and cooperation would be much appreciated so we can celebrate the best possible release together.
Hajime Tabata – Director, FINAL FANTASY XV
FINAL FANTASY XV will be available on the 29th November for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system. For more information on FINAL FANTASY XV, visit: http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/